Question Which 1000R Curved Ultrawide Monitor to recommend?

Tgeer276

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2015
So anyone with a bit of an interest in PC Monitors might have noticed that a number of manufacturers now offer curved ultrawide monitors with a curvature of 1000R. As far as I am aware, Samsung started the trend and is currently offering a whole line of monitors both with 16:9 and 21:9 aspect ratios which boast a curvature of 1000R. Excluding the rather pricey 49-inch behemoths that Samsung offers and focusing solely on the, in my opinion, perfect balance of size and pixel density of the 34-inch offerings with a 21:9 aspect ratio, I am at a loss to decide which of the following monitors with the afore mentioned criteria is best: (With current pricing in Germany)
  • Samsung Odyssey G5 34" 349€
  • BENQ Mobiuz EX3410R 499€
  • AOC CU34G3S/BK 379€
  • MSI ARTYMIS 343CQRDE 624€

Anyone have any advice, which to avoid or rather which would be the best pick?

Sep 29, 2022
So anyone with a bit of an interest in PC Monitors might have noticed that a number of manufacturers now offer curved ultrawide monitors with a curvature of 1000R. As far as I am aware, Samsung started the trend and is currently offering a whole line of monitors both with 16:9 and 21:9 aspect ratios which boast a curvature of 1000R. Excluding the rather pricey 49-inch behemoths that Samsung offers and focusing solely on the, in my opinion, perfect balance of size and pixel density of the 34-inch offerings with a 21:9 aspect ratio, I am at a loss to decide which of the following monitors with the afore mentioned criteria is best: (With current pricing in Germany)
  • Samsung Odyssey G5 34" 349€
  • BENQ Mobiuz EX3410R 499€
  • AOC CU34G3S/BK 379€
  • MSI ARTYMIS 343CQRDE 624€
Anyone have any advice, on which to avoid or rather which would be the best pick?

I would say it depends on a couple of factors.
If you have a big budget then the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 is the best option
I have the non-Neo G9 and it is a great monitor. The limited number of dimming zones is the only drawback.
I also have the 16:9 27" curved G5 as a side monitor. This one has more ghosting than the G9 but I just use it as a prereferral vision monitor in MSFS 2020.
If I was setting up a sim cockpit I would go with the noncurved monitors just because the way MSFS does multi-monitor in update 10 makes the curved a bit distorted. MSFS lets you set render windows so you can set a front view and then add a side view that is rotated 90 degrees.

TRENDING THREADS