Which 780 ti should i pick?

ImGunz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Im looking into either the Gigabyte 780 ti GHz edition or the Palit gtx 780 Ti Jetstream due to them both having really good reviews. Just want to know which to choose for gaming at 1920x1080 if anyone have experience with either of them. Or of course if there are any better variants out there, please let me know.
I currently have
2x 670
i7 4770k
asus maximus vi formula
corsair rm 850
16 gb ram

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Are you planning to get more than one 780 ti? I ask as a single 780 ti is pretty much on par with your current 670 SLI setup. So unless you have a good reason for wanting to change (get away from SLI issues, you need the extra GB of VRAM, etc), I wouldn't really recommend it personally; doesn't seem very cost effective.

ImGunz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

If im going to buy the 780 ti, i would want to know which is better, and then down the line i might get another and put them in sli, might water cool them aswell but i don't know yet.

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with either of those cards, so I doubt I can tell you anything you don't already know or have read. For me it would come down to cost; yes the Gigabyte card is clocked quite a bit higher, but it's not really worth paying a massive amount more for, as you could easily overclock the Palit to the same level (if they're the same price, or pretty similar, then yes, by all means the Gigabyte is the one to go for).

As for alternatives, well, the ASUS DirectCU II, MSI Gaming, and EVGA Superclocked are all solid cards, and have had good reviews. They all perform largely in line with one another (or within easy overclocking distance); so again it comes down to the cost where you live. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go EVGA or ASUS, but that's just me.

Also, If you're thinking about water cooling, it would be worthwhile checking the ease of availability of the cooling blocks you'd need; some cards have custom designed boards, which can occasionally complicate things a little.

EDIT: Just to clarify though; I personally would probably stick with the 670 SLI you currently have if I was planning to stick at 1080p, and save up for when the high end Maxwell cards hit (probably 2015).

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I would have gotten a 2nd 670 if my mobo had SLI (crossfire only I forgot to check) so I did end up getting the 780TI and just love it. Tough choice, I sold my 670 to a co-worker for $150 and got the 780ti for $660 (now $630 on newegg.com) as a I didn't feel like getting a new mobo. Keep us posted though!