Which A88X-Based Board Should You Buy For Your Kaveri APU?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabyte makes an embedded FM2 board, but it's not FM2+, and doesn't look like it's particularly publicly available.

I'm laughing at the LGA115x cooler mounts around the PGA ZIF socket, though...

EDIT: ECS makes a A78F2-TI, which is FM2+ compatible.

My google-fu only finds those two, currently.

Thorfkin

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
@Someone SomewhereThanks! =D That's exactly what i was looking for. It'll be nice to be able to get some decent graphics power out of such a compact machine.

BFU2Miners

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
This is pointless making gaming MB for this chipset, I mean the faster CPU out there for this is the A10-7850K and isn't even at the Intel i3 4xxx level in performance, they should be making Gaming Mini-ATX MB with UEFI and all that new stuff for AM3+ which is left behind for a shitty FM2+.

alextheblue

Distinguished
yes. but at a lower price range probably. first, a10 7850k itself has to come down in price by $40-50 outside microcenter.
You might buy an inexpensive ATX FM2+ board and slap in an FM2 Trinity/Richland based Athlon 750K/760K. For a new budget build with upgrade potential. Down the road you could slap in a Kaveri chip and a second GPU - Kaveri would give you PCIe 3.0, which would make budget crossfire a lot more viable on an x8/x8 configuration.Other than that? If someone is reusing an existing ATX case, then it's kind of "why not".

BFU2Miners

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014

This is what i tried to say, they should be making Micro-ATX boards like this (with UEFI and all that stuff) for AM3+ instead A88 chipsets. I just noticed I said "Mini-ATX", but I meant Micro-ATX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS