[SOLVED] Which audio driver and chipset to download from my mobo website?

voyboy488

Prominent
Jul 15, 2018
I open up their driver page and it shows like 4 different drivers for audio and like 6 drivers for chipset, what to choose? Heres picture of drivers it shows:

Audio - View: https://imgur.com/zn6JsPY
(I'm guessing go for realtek? I only use my headphones and the speaker from my monitor if I don't want to use headphones)

Chipset - View: https://imgur.com/gUbmaOP
(not sure if I should get latest intel INF installation only or get latest intel management engine interface along with latest intel INF installation?)

Solution
you download and install the latest version of a specific driver?
there is a date right there that tells you when it was released.

Get the Audio drivers and the INF drivers and install them.
INF is fancy letters for chipset drivers. These are important.

You can pretty much ignore the rest since Windows 10 will install latest drivers on it's own for other things and they work just fine.

As for which audio driver, the realtek drivers should be installed if you have a realtek audio device.
Most often than not, systems just come with Realtek, but if you actually have the Creative Balster X Pro hardware in your system, then you should get those drivers.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
you download and install the latest version of a specific driver?
there is a date right there that tells you when it was released.

Get the Audio drivers and the INF drivers and install them.
INF is fancy letters for chipset drivers. These are important.

You can pretty much ignore the rest since Windows 10 will install latest drivers on it's own for other things and they work just fine.

As for which audio driver, the realtek drivers should be installed if you have a realtek audio device.
Most often than not, systems just come with Realtek, but if you actually have the Creative Balster X Pro hardware in your system, then you should get those drivers.

Solution