Which B450 board to get? Asus rog strix// Gigabyte aorus pro// Msi tomahawk

Nov 13, 2018
Going with a Ryzen 2600 and I could save a few bucks by shopping a the local micro center for a motherboard combo. I noticed the msi has a weaker audio codec and no optical (I do have the z5500 speakers which have optical). A small overclock would be nice, but I'll probably be content with stock.

asus
gigabyte
msi

techphantom

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
Here's a tip: Don't use a small motherboard for a big case. So if you are using ATX, mortar is a no-go.
Strix usually has higher quality products, and is most desired by people.
I'm not a big fan of Gigabyte, but it is a choice. The customer service though is not that good.

Ralston18

Titan
And my thought/suggestion is to forget about "looking cool". Go for functionality and performance.

Google for and read reviews. Go to manufacturer's websites: read the applicable User Guide/Manual.

Check the manufacturer's FAQs and Forums. Learn what other people are saying, complaining about, or asking. Look for what is said and what is not said. Remember - manufacturer's can also do "editing".

Nov 13, 2018
Cool thanks guys. The case will be a meshify c, which is pretty compact. I'll forget the mortar and instead throw the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK in the mix since it's available locally. Off to read more reviews