Which benchmark is accurate?

Both are. Each benchmark is configured with totally different parameters, so you can't compare these results. In your case the Magician should be more useful since it doesn't allow you to change its default settings, so its results should be comparable with all other Samsung drives that use the same software. If you want to use Crystal Disk Mark you have to make sure that you use the same settings in order to get comparable results. Finally before running each benchmark it's imperative to set the Windows power plan setting to high performance, otherwise you risk getting lower numbers. Good luck.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

Thanks. Another question, should I turn off superfetch and prefetch on SSD that has Windows installed?

Yes, it's usually been advised to turn them off, since SSDs don't need them and also those two features produce unnecessary writes on the SSD.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

I don't know why Windows 10 enabled these two on SSD?

If you are also using an HDD, Windows 10 may have enabled for them So try to disable them or if you have an older version of the Samsung Magician software, it offers OS optimization settings and it allows you to easily disable what it's not needed by the SSDs. I don't know why I can't seem to find that option in the latest Samsung Magician version though.

Finally keep in mind that it doesn't really matter nowadays if those settings are enabled or not. The Windows 10 OS is much smarter when it comes to managing an SSD and the unnecessary writes isn't considered to be an issue any more (unless you have a very cheap SSD) since newer 3d NAND SSDs can take a greater number of writes than older models. So you shouldn't worry too much about those settings. Good luck.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

I do have two mechanical hard drives for games. Could be the reason why SuperFetch and Prefetch enable at default? I can turn both off via Windows Services and Registry Editor, but are there any drawback of doing that? Is it going to slow down my two HDDs?

Yes, probably that is the reason that Windows has enabled both services. What SSD do you have and how big is it? Since a a lot of the Superfetch/Prefetch data are going to be stored in that SSD, it doesn't have any effect on files stored on the SSD but on the other hand it may speed up other software that gets loaded from other HDDs. However that also depends on the specific software and your system since there have been users with HDDs that said that they saw a noticeable increase in system responsiveness after disabling SuperFetch/Prefetch. Also there are reports that those services speed applications but have no effect on games. Finally keep in mind that the RAM amount of your system also plays a big roll since it's being used for caching some of that data.

As you can see there is no definite answer whether you should disable them or not and it also depends on your system configuration (SSD, RAM, HDDs). If you have an SSD it is always recommended to disable them in order to avoid unnecessary writes on the SSD. However in your case and since you have 2 HDDs with software installed you could disable them and monitor the system behaviour. If you feel your system is getting slower re-enable them. Finally keep in mind that the SuperFetch/Prefetch are considered obsolete in today's modern SSD PC systems and most users disable them if they aren't disabled by the OS (Windows) automatically when it detects an SSD during the OS installation procedure.

For more info check this => https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/delete-disable-windows-prefetch/

Good luck.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 32GB DDR3 RAM. 171GB free of space on SSD.