Which build is better for gaming?

Vladimir_007

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hey guys, its my first time to build a pc and i just want to know which of these two is better for gaming?

AMD A8-7600
MSI A68HM-E33 v2
RipjawsX 2x4gb
WD 1TB
XFX RX 460 2GB
Seasonic s12-II 520
Sharkoon VS4-W
------------------------------
Core i3-6098P
MSI H110M PRO-VH 6TH GEN
G.SKILL RIPJAWS V BLACK DDR4 3200 CL16
Western Digital 1TB
XFX RX 460 2GB
Seasonic s12-II 520w
Sharkoon VS4-W

Solution

And usally the i3 6100 is about 10 bucks cheaper for a better processor.
http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/PyKhP6,hV7CmG/

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

And usally the i3 6100 is about 10 bucks cheaper for a better processor.
http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/PyKhP6,hV7CmG/

Solution
Here are some comparisons which include a A8-7650K
Once you use a discrete gaming card, there is no comparison, I3 wins.

You might want to look at the newly announced GTX1050 and 1050ti cards.

Also,
I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
120gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games. If you can go 240gb, or 500gb you may never need a hard drive.

I would defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.
Samsung EVO is a good choice for performance and reliability.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Last time I looked at my gaming SSD just steam and BF4 was right at 80gb. (The only game on steam)
A lot of people cant spend the money on a PC then ina couple weeks spend 50 more bucks on a new drive.
I've always considered a SSD a luxery item and not having a place in a budget build. It's nice to have the faster boot time but in no way a mudt when building a budget PC.

The I3-6098P was intended for use on OEM builds.
Not bad at all, you get what you pay for.
It might not come with a cpu cooler, like the retail i3-6100.
check that out.

A 120gb will not have 120gb useable. More like 110gb.

If a small ssd starts to get full, it will lose endurance and slow down due to the uavailability of free nand blocks.

A SSD is much more than fast boot times. Files open instantly, levels load faster, video textures load faster, checkpoints are taken faster.
You will never regret using a ssd for the windows C drive.

Geofelt - I agree on the ssd on a personal level , I wouldn't be without one , all my desktops have ssd's , I've replaced not of my laptops with ssd's.

I do agree with zerk though 100% , price per GB is still extremely expensive .
No way on this planet I could manage with just an ssd on my desktops even if I wasn't gaming on them.
On a budget build like the op's a decent 1tb platter drive just makes a lot more sense.
Its a what you haven't had you won't miss scenario.

I know the P's are officially OEM chips but they traditionally came with no igp as far as I know , I just don't see the point in them peraonally.