Which Cable...DisplayPort to HDMI or HDMI HDCP 2.2?

msllc

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All, I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 HYBRID with LG 43" 43UD79-B monitor. Should I be using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable (or DP to DP) for best video performance...or just use a 4K HDMI that supports HDCP 2.2? I noticed the GTX 1080 has more DisplayPort outlets than HDMI, so just wondering which is best. Thank you!

Solution
Always use the right cable instead of using an adapter, if possible. DP to DP is the way to go.

HDCP is a copy protection thing, if you want to see HDCP protected content through your system then everything from the source to the display has to be HDCP compliant. You can still use non HDCP components, it's just you'd have problems with that kind of material.
Always use the right cable instead of using an adapter, if possible. DP to DP is the way to go.

HDCP is a copy protection thing, if you want to see HDCP protected content through your system then everything from the source to the display has to be HDCP compliant. You can still use non HDCP components, it's just you'd have problems with that kind of material.

Solution