Which card and where can I find one? Involves both nVidia and AMD.

SixMegahertz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hello. I'm going to be building a rig with all top parts and the only trouble I'm having is with choosing a GPU. The 690 and Titan are overpriced. I would like to get one though, although I can't seem to find one. If not that I would like specifically looking for the top of the line GTX-680 (I believe it's the Classified model) or the top 7970 GHz edition. No arguments, just straight answers please! If anyone knows where and I can find them in stock. I read that Titan's are out of stock all across the web and it seems the same for the 690. Would it be better if I went with the 680 or 7970 GHz or got a Titan. I play a lot of FPS and other mild-moderate gaming as well as other moderate graphics consuming tasks. Would it be worth the Titan or 690? Would it be worth it to get the top of the line 680 or top 7970 GHz? Anything that just may be as good if not better? I've done lots of research on all of this, repair computers for a living, just having a hard choice here and in need of some enlightment. I plan not to upgrade this system for around 2-4 years after I get it. But I don't even think I'm going to do that considering I'm getting 32 GB of 1600 MHz RAM. My CPU is going to be an i7-3770k if that helps just incase these cards will bottleneck (which will probably not considering this is one of the gamers CPU of choice, and the best one out there). Thanks for your time, and have a great day! Also I will be running a single-monitor setup. Possibly HDMI, possibly DVI. Not sure yet.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Wall of text.

Aaanyway.. The Titan and 680 aren't worth it at their current price point. You're better off getting a 690, which beats the Titan, or the 7970 gHz which overtakes the 680. If you want to save more $$$ and only sacrifice negligible performance, get a 670 which only about 5% slower than the 680.

Just keep in mind that at around 4+ years into the future, all contemporary cards would be obsolete.

SixMegahertz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

So true what you said about that these cards will be obsolete shortly. Thanks for the info! Will look into it.

SixMegahertz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

Thanks for the compliment and yes I know that AMD's catalyst control center is absolute trash (own experience and from what I read).

ARICH5

Distinguished

cripes in 4 years we will have fps helmets in real time in stadiums...dont ask me how i know that.......cough cia cough:)

ARICH5

Distinguished
i know its a thread jack...but to elaborate.....ya know those new google glasses thats gonna be realesed? they respond to your voice command..(search ____ and "find best route").....whats wrong with a blutooth rifle...."shoot now"...shoot 90 degress"??????