Which Case would be recommended for this gaming PC build?

Solution

Yes. They will tell you that gpu's over 230mm will block some drive bays, which is true. However (from experience) you will not use all of the internal drive bays available. It's a very flexible case, nice looking, and easy to build in (it was the case I did my very first build in).

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Well, what do you like in a case? Do you like a side window? Color scheme...all black, or a mix of colors? I like to build with atx mid tower cases as much as possible. They are a good balance between enough space and airflow, and yet not too huge. Or do you like huge? Looking at your availability, there is a good choice of NZXT, Cooler Master, and Corsair cases. I have used Corsair and NZXT and can recommend either brand.

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

I don't care how the case looks like (to a point). My main focus is performance. By that, I mean, fans, air flow, upgradability allowance, etc. I don't want a case that may fail me in any of these aspects. Would you be able to link me one, or a few cases using the site I provided, which does well in these regards? Thanks in advance.

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Yes, I need the optical drive to install the OS.

As for K version of CPU, I don't plan to Overclock, so I see no reason to pay more for a feature I won't use. I also want the heatsink that will come with the non-k version.

you don't NEED the optical drive to install OS (any of them actually). it is done with USB stick this days.
But the optical drive will force you to chose specific case. those with 5.25" mounts usually uglier, have less fans mounts and more restricted airflow and component arrangement.

As for the K - it also higher clocked. if you are not going for overclocking, why to pick Z270 MB ? it is mostly about overclocking. you can get the same feature set (minus overclocking) for 2/3 of the price.

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

I chose that motherboard mainly for the RAMs it support, and overall high-end hardware support. On the USB part, some of the people I know had difficulty installing Windows via a USB. Of course, they could have ran into mistakes, but I don't trust my tech knowledge enough to believe I will not go through the same.

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014

Yes. They will tell you that gpu's over 230mm will block some drive bays, which is true. However (from experience) you will not use all of the internal drive bays available. It's a very flexible case, nice looking, and easy to build in (it was the case I did my very first build in).

Solution

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014

Some people install the OS using a USB stick, but some people nowadays still use the disc to install. I do. Now, the other way of using a disc is to buy an external drive and go with a case that has no external bays. I kind of like the old school way.

Lel ... old school (in computers) does not mean to use deprecated tech. It usually means to use superior tech :)
For example I like to compile my OS from scratch. I do prefer to do many things in terminal/command line over "right click engineering". Mostly because it saves me time or/and does exactly what I want how I want.
Though have to admit that I do have (internal) DVD drive somewhere among spare parts. if i really need to, i would be able to connect it with two cables. don't really need to put it into the case for that.

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

My friend recommended this case for me (partly due to price). Would it do the job decently? (Keeping in mind all the components I have chosen)

http://citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_62&product_id=2362&filter=STOCKS=a=b=c@@MANUFFUNAM=Cooler+Master=22=Filter+by+Brand+&C=JOD&PRICERANGE=7MPRM207

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thank you. No idea what is intake and exhaust fans though. As for the GPU, I have seen reviews about it being a bit slower than the GTX + uses more power/more prone to getting hot.

It is consuming more power, but we are talking about 30 watts - not really important.
The performance of the RX 480 is about the same as GTX 1060 6GB with latest drivers, and 5-10% better than the GTX 1060 3GB.
3GB variant not only has less VRAM, it also has less CUDA cores than 6GB variant. the naming is confusing, but 3GB and 6GB are very different cards.

Fans, the intake fans are those pushing air into the case (usually in front), the exhaust fans are those pushing air out of the case (usually mounted on rear or/and top)

Lucine

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thank you, duly noted!