[SOLVED] Which CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3-Evo or H410?

Totempole

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
As the title states, I'm looking for a budget cooler that would perform better than stock for my I5 4670.

I've had a good experience with the TX3-Evo in the past with an I7 2600, so I'm confident that it will do the job just fine, but at first glance, the H410 seems like a better cooler and is actually slightly cheaper. Both coolers are roughly the same size and use a 92mm fan.

There are a few notable differences between the 2:

1. The H410 has a slightly slower fan than the TX3. 2000RPM vs 2800RPM.
2. The H410 doesn't have an extra fan mount for optional push-pull configuration.
3. The H410 uses a "screw mount bracket" system in contrast to the push pins on the TX3
4. The H410 has one extra copper heat pipe (4 vs 3 on the TX3)

At first glance, it seems the only major benefit of the TX3 over the H410 for me would be that it would be easier to mount in it's current configuration, since I wouldn't need to remove the board to mount it.

The extra heatpipe on the H410 makes it seem like it would be a more effective cooler, but there's no way of knowing if the newer H410's build quality is the same as the TX3 Evo. The fan on the H410 is 800RPM slower at max RPM.

At this point I'm leaning towards the TX3, since it'll be easier to install, and I know exactly what I'll be getting, but any input in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I would go with the H410. The additional heat pipe is better than an additional fan. It will also be quieter because of the lower RPM on the fan. Both coolers will cool the 4670 just fine, so I would take the quieter of the two.