Which CPU do you use?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

tempus if you would like to read posts and think about what you say before shooting your mouth, i said that if it weren't for Intel there wouldn't be any new products. And I never denied AMD the recognition they deserve. I merely say, INTEL is the man, AMD is the FOLLOWER.

G

hmmm... do some research before you try to rebut.
ddr memory: memory that transfers data on the rising and the falling edge of the computer clock cycle. from tom's own article "Dissecting Rambus":

"By the way RDRAM's bus is double-pumped meaning that it transfers data on the rising and falling edges of clock pulses"

yes rambus is rdram. yes rambus is ddr. yes uff!

G

AMD 1G (Abit KT-7A Raid) &
CELERON Dell NT Laptop(work gave me)

Past-some still own...
AMD K62 500 & K62 350 (Soyo 5ehm)
AMD 100 or 150 (Can't remember)
AMD 40/44 (dating to the first 486's)

NEVER OWNED A PENTIUM but still have an AMIGA 500!

G

AMD ThunderBIRD 1Ghz Tt Super ORB
512 MB PC-133 SDRAM
3 20-GB Maxtor 7200 RPM on a
Promise FastTRAK 100 Striped
Plextor 12/10/32 CD-RW

Tormented

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep DeSilentio is right I've checked it and RDRAM is dual pumped, that is what DDR is all about dual pumped...
<A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/articles146/" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.com/articles146/</A>

<b>-----------------------</b>
-<font color=red><b>R.K.</b></font color=red>

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So, "Crapple", according to your tag line, I'm an idiot? You're not exactly running state of the art processors yourself, so who are you to call an entire group of PC owners "idiots"?

The two PCs I have now with BX boards are the most stable systems (absolutely rock solid)I have ever owned. My previous system was a K6-2 400 with a VIA chipset and I've never seen anything less stable in my life. I dumped it after a few months of frustration.

For everyone else, I'm not trying to flame AMD. From what I've been told, the new Athlon chipsets are much more stable. In fact, if I were to build a new system from scratch today, it would probably be Athlon based since that solution gives you the best performance for the price AT THIS TIME.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
You miss understood me. I meant that I was refering to RDRAM <b>NOT</b> DDR. Obviously Intel didn't implement DDR first and I was pointing out his completely false statement.

- "That's no moon, it's Rambus!"

G

AMD 750 Classic

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but oh crap he's got a gun"

G

PIII 450,
Pentium 100,
AMD Thunderbird coming soon

-AMD's are not for the faint of heart... Intels? those are for newbies :eek:)-

G

I currently have a Celeron II 633@950 on a Asus CulsL2 , this mobo really rocks , but my new system will have a 133Mhz FSB Amd , Intel suck's , but i bought this Celeron cause the mobo was offered.
Amd is the Future.

pat

Expert
>NEVER OWNED A PENTIUM but still have an AMIGA 500!

Keep IT!!! I sold mine 8 years ago and still regret it!!!

Oh, for the CPU...

Motorola 060 (My Amiga) and AMD 486 DX4/100

Soon an other AMD, a t-bird!

Pat

->My english may be not so good, but you havent see my japanese!!!!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pat on 02/11/01 08:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Celeron 466 .. ACK!!! i know i know..
I'm gonna get a Tbird. and oc it a bit.

Future AMD Thunderbird 800 @ 1Ghz

<font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

G

I have 2 primary PC's that are "mine". The one I use to access the Internet is an AMD K6-3+ on an ASUS P/I-P55T2P4. The one I use for gaming is an Intel P2-400 on an ASUS P3B-F, but that's only because I gave my wife the AMD Athlon-1000/ASUS A7V system (she needs the boost in 3D-gaming frame rates more than I do).

I have a bunch of other PC's that I keep around for historical purposes, the Pentiums are all Intel, the 486's are mostly AMD, the 386's are all Intel, everything less is mostly Intel.

-ken