Which CPU is Better?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well no. They are the same architecture and the Ryzen 5 has SMT turned on, double the cache. So 4C/4T vs 4C/8T.

The R3 series is a good entry level quad core CPU though. Certainly more cost effective than a quad core core i5. (have to be specific, Intel 6 core i5s aren't far off)

That depends on how much you value that bit of extra performance for a close to 50% increase in price. In most of today's games, it probably won't make much of a difference, but it might in more of the games coming out a couple years from now.

Another thing to keep in mind though, is that if you're willing to overclock, the non-X Ryzen CPUs tend to be a better value, since they can be overlocked to similar levels as their X counterparts. If you're on a budget, an overclocked 1200 would be a better value than a 1300X. And a 1600 will net you 2 additional cores, which could help in future games, at just a slightly higher cost than a 1500X. The 1400 might be worth considering as well, though I don't really think the slightly lower price compared to the 1500X is worth it considering that it has less cache and a slightly less capable cooler (the same as the 1200 and 1300X).