Which cpu to choose

kambz0301

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Hi guys,i just got one question, and that question is what cpu should i choose.
I'm thinking between fx8320 and some haswell i5...I already got Pentium g3258 in my system, so i got 1150 motherboard(H97 which can OC). But as I see i5 are little overpriced,and fx 8320 is just perfectly priced for me. I'm little confused, so please help me with this dilemma.

My orientation would be gaming and everyday use(movies,surfing on internet etc.) , and I already got aftermarket cooler hyper 212 EVO, so no question about that. Games that I play: Dota2,WoW,Cod4,Crysis 3,Gta 5...Thanks in advance!

kambz0301

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I mean i got the money for i5,but then i could afford worse gpu for my system...I heard that i5 is better for gaming,what do you think how it will perform in this games?

Microcenter has an i5-4590 on sale for $159 - a great price for a good CPU. 4690K (the overclockable one) comes in at $200.

You could also look into the Xeons since you don't need integrated graphics.

I love my FX, but that upgrade path makes no sense - you've got a decent MB already, and would need to buy a MB + CPU for the FX build.

I heavily multitask, which the FX is phenomenal at, but some heavily single-threaded games do run a lot better on an i5.