which driver for gtx 970

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
hy guys just have a little confusion I gota GTX 970 Gainward phantom edition every thing is fine but have heard that the latest drivers decrease it's performance so which driver should I go for btw here are my other specs:
I5 3570 3.4Ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM @1600Mhz
128GB SSD
500GB HDD
1920x1200 Res
Win 10 Pro updated
Asus P8h67-m-le
600W FSP600-80TBN

Thankx in advance ( sorry for bad english)

Solution
well and easy test is to run a benchmark on your current drivers and get a base line score. Then download the newest drivers and rerun the test and see if it went up or down. If it didnt improve then uninstall the new driver and reinstall the older driver.

Where did you hear this, you're the second to say it recently, but no evidence has been provided (yet)? Personally I use latest drivers, but usually give them a month or so just in case before installing. However I don't game at the moment so I don't have the personal experience to say if there is an issue.

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

K Yeah I heard from different people talking about that in groups and yea saw some of that in youtube too btw i'm talking about only nvidia not amd

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

heard that nvidia do this to sell there newer gpu's more

Did you spot the tin foil? I've never seen noticeable drops in performance on newer drivers for older cards, and that's from the days of the 6600GT to now. There might occasionally be a drop, it's normally corrected in the next release as it is an error and probably not purposeful. They may stop improving the driver paths for old cards but they shouldn't get worse.

If it were a conspiracy then someone somewhere has to issue the instruction, 'make the 900 series 5% worse on this release please', there'd be too many people in the chain for that not to leak, and it wouldn't be some youtuber stating it, there'd be evidence that it is purposeful. Consider you tube as a source, they get paid per advert view, to get more viewers you need to say something popular, controversial is popular, conspiracy is popular, 'proof' that you are being screwed is popular.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-driver-updates-performance-tested,5707.html

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

hmm I guess you're right

well and easy test is to run a benchmark on your current drivers and get a base line score. Then download the newest drivers and rerun the test and see if it went up or down. If it didnt improve then uninstall the new driver and reinstall the older driver.

Solution

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

That's better thankx