which driver for mx700?

evilstevo3147

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2003
I got my mx700 today. Good mouse, best I've ever used. Unfortunately I have noticed that i can move it ever-so-slightly and it will not respond, however, this is only the case in the ony game I've tried so far, CounterStrike. Cursor doesn't do that in Windows.

So my main question is which driver should I use? I've heard a lot of people bashing mouseware, so should I use a MS driver, and if so which one?

Also, I need very accurate response time with the mouse even on the smallest of movements in CS. Adjusting the sensitivity helps only to an extent. Again, this is not a problem in WinXPPro, so I don't think its the mouse.

Thanks,
~Stephen

DuncMac

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2001
I've got the MX500 and after reading a few other posts I installed Microsoft mouse drivers 4.1 for the intelli Explo. 3.
I've now got much better smoother movement in first person shooters but have lost the use of all but the left/right buttons and wheel. Its not to be a deal as I could never use them in games anyway.

The only thing i would say is that the installation went a bit weird.

Good luck

Veneficus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
I have the same mouse and I use the standard ms drivers I received with windows XP in CS or DOD all my buttons work except the little quick switch one.

"it's only life everyone gets through it"