[SOLVED] Which Gaming PC is better?

Feb 12, 2019
i have two friends selling their gaming pc's for 700 dollars but they both have different specs. I'm a newbie with computers so i cant tell which is better, I would appreciate if you guys could tell me which has more bang for the buck.

the first build has windows 10 pro operating system, asus z170 a rev 1 motherboard, intel core I5 6600k (not overclocked) processer, g skill v series ddr4 16gb memory, ssd 512 gb, msi armor gtx 1060 6gb video card, wifi adapter, 650w evga 80 plus gold rated power supply, case is a coolermaster master box t5, three 120mm fans and a "german made 'be quiet' CPU fan"

the next bulid is amd ryzen 5 1600, 16 gb ddr4 ram, rx570 gpu with 8gb gddr5 ram, 240gb ssd, 2tb hard drive, asrock ab350m motherboard, antec dark fleet df500 case, wifi adapter, cosair 450w broze certified cx450 powersupply, and windows 10 pro operating system. I am told nothing has been over clocked on this one either.

Solution
Alright, on High settings i would prefer then to the first pc build, with that Intel.
Intel is for gaming slightly better, but the Gtx 1060 6GB is the better choice then.
One thing you should note, when you buy her the first pc build, keep an eye on the storage, because 500GB can be filled fast.
There is also the option to overclock the Intel a little bit, if the power would be needed in future.

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
What is your budget ? your absolutely last price which you wont exceed ?
Think about building a whole new system because you don't know how they deal with his parts or how old they are since you dont have any warranty when the stuff is too old.
It can go good, but it can also get you alot of problems.

Feb 12, 2019
my limit is 750, but im really not looking to build a pc, all i really have time for lately is work and sleeping (im actually typing this on my lunch break), this isn't for myself this is a gift for a family member.

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
my limit is 750, but im really not looking to build a pc, all i really have time for lately is work and sleeping (im actually typing this on my lunch break), this isn't for myself this is a gift for a family member.

Oh okay, then...
The first one has a CPU without Hyperthreading, but the better GPU for sure. But also only a 512 GB SSD which can be full fast, depends of course what the family member is going to do with the pc.

The second one, which i would prefer, has a Ryzen 1600 which supports Simultaneous Multithreading, e.g. for streaming etc is this the better choice, also a 240gb SSD for the OS and 2 TB huge data drive where alot things can be stored. The only thing which i have to note is that 450w PSU, when that family member want to upgrade like a new VGA, he probably would need a better PSU.

What is he/she gonna do with that? only for gaming or for everything ?

Feb 12, 2019
Oh okay, then...
The first one has a CPU without Hyperthreading, but the better GPU for sure. But also only a 512 GB SSD which can be full fast, depends of course what the family member is going to do with the pc.

The second one, which i would prefer, has a Ryzen 1600 which supports Simultaneous Multithreading, e.g. for streaming etc is this the better choice, also a 240gb SSD for the OS and 2 TB huge data drive where alot things can be stored. The only thing which i have to note is that 450w PSU, when that family member want to upgrade like a new VGA, he probably would need a better PSU.

What is he/she gonna do with that? only for gaming or for everything ?

she will want to game i know and use the pc for high school level homework (basically typing essays, power points, and researching) the most she will stream is music. Also sorry for the question but whats a vga and psu?

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
VGA is Video graphics array, i mean the GPU with it, e.g. in this case the 1060.
Its usually called GPU, i forget it sometimes since we call it VGA here in our country.

PSU is the Power supply unit like the BeQuiet one.

Do you maybe know the kind of games she want to play?

Feb 12, 2019
VGA is Video graphics array, i mean the GPU with it, e.g. in this case the 1060.
Its usually called GPU, i forget it sometimes since we call it VGA here in our country.

PSU is the Power supply unit like the BeQuiet one.

Do you maybe know the kind of games she want to play?
she loves Minecraft but would play anything really, the games she has been talking the most about is the new resident evil 2 and the new call of duty which i plan on getting her with a pc. can these both run those games at high resolution or are the parts to weak?

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Alright, on High settings i would prefer then to the first pc build, with that Intel.
Intel is for gaming slightly better, but the Gtx 1060 6GB is the better choice then.
One thing you should note, when you buy her the first pc build, keep an eye on the storage, because 500GB can be filled fast.
There is also the option to overclock the Intel a little bit, if the power would be needed in future.

Solution