[SOLVED] Which GPU and CPU should I buy with this budget?

pocketgaming12

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
Hello!
First off, this is my current setup:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: Strix Radeon RX 570 4GB
RAM: DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury KIN (Dual Channel)
SSD: Transcend 220S 120GB 2.5"
Case: MS Dragon
Motherboard: STRIX B250G GAMING
I have been thinking of buying myself a new cpu and gpu to get even better performance but i don't know which ones...
My budget for those two would be about 900 dollars but i would go a little bit higher to 1000 dollars if it is worth it.
I've been thinking about a intel cpu because I do gaming most of the time without any streaming and recording but for the gpu i don't know should I pay more for nvidia or go for amd again.
I have an 1080p monitor and I am satisfied with it. I think that my other components are good enough to withstand a better gpu and cpu (i've got a 500w psu too)
With all that said, I am looking for a cpu and gpu which would be able to run all AAA games like real good (possibly high) if it is possible for that budget?
Also I am not sure but I think that i will be needing a new motherboard too if the gpu is gddr6 right? Or is there some good with gddr5 still?
Thank you for all help in advance.

Solution
One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget 2x the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.
Your current setup is about right by that rule.

With your proposed budget, I might suggest a i5-9600Kand a GTX1070ti
You will also need a z390 motherboard and a better than stock cooler.
The 9600K gives you two more cores and a clock near 5.0.
The GTX1070ti gives you a 78.5 rating compared to 48.3 on tom's gpu heirarchy chart:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
GTX1660ti looks to be a very good unit also.
Your ram is fine.

With ssd prices low, I might also spring for a larger capacity ssd of better quality.
$150 buys you a 250gb samsung 960 evo m.2 device.

FWIW, GDDR applies to graphics card memory and...
One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget 2x the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.

The GTX1070ti gives you a 78.5 rating compared to 48.3 on tom's gpu heirarchy chart:
Your ram is fine.

With ssd prices low, I might also spring for a larger capacity ssd of better quality.

FWIW, GDDR applies to graphics card memory and has no connection to the cpu/motherboard

Solution

pocketgaming12

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

Your ram is fine.

FWIW, GDDR applies to graphics card memory and has no connection to the cpu/motherboard
Okay thank you for the suggestions, i will look up to it