Question Which GPU for I5 6600k 4.5 GHz ? 1080p

Apr 9, 2019
GTX 1060 6gb (best for 1080p) bottleneck the CPU. Don't use RTX 2000 series it won't bottleneck the CPU. If you are going to BUY Raytracing (RTX 2000series), upgrade your CPU to 8th gen or above in i5 or i7.
8gb ram is enough for this rig. If you have money, upgrade your ram to 3200mhz. If your going to upgrade your ram to 16gb then ram should be splitted in 2 sticks. If your motherboard support dual channel.
Go to above link to check bottleneck of your specs.

Don’t use that bottleneck calculator website, it is complete misleading garbage.

With your cpu it is going to depend on the game. Some of the latest cpu heavy games will saturate quad core easily. Take BF1 or BF V in multiplayer, a quad core will see dips under 60fps even with a good overclock. In other games the gpu will be the limiting factor.

I would think of it this way. The cpu determines the best FPS you can get in a specific game. The gpu determines the best resolution and game settings you can achieve this FPS with.

8gb of RAM isn’t going to help in newer AAA games. 16gb helps by reducing the caching to the main drive which reduces cpu work and eliminating some stuttering you may otherwise suffer, again it’s game specific. However to avoid issue you want to buy a 16gb kit and not just add 8gb to what you already have.

Personally I wouldn’t go higher than a 1660Ti for 1080p. If your monitor is only 60Hz then even this is a bit over the top but gives good headroom for the future.

Reactions: Hellfire13
Bottleneck Calculator - PC Builds
We bring you a unique calculator for bottleneck and chokepoint problems in your computers. We will help you to choose most appropriate processor and graphic card for your PC. Our calculator offers you up to 20 best solutions for reducing or removing bottleneck problems.
pc-builds.com
Go to above link to check bottleneck of your specs.

Nobody uses or endorses those calculators in this community. Thats absolute garbage.

I would go with something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Video Card | Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card | $259.99 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $259.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-08 04:57 EDT-0400 |

Current gen architecture, affordable and should be a pretty perfect match for your current build.

Reactions: sizzling