[SOLVED] which gpu is better

Solution
I bought the MSI for my latest build because it was the only one I could get my hands on at the time. I had my heart set on buying an EVGA since I have heard great things about them and I like they way it looked too. The FTW3 is the only version I would have bought.

I just looked at the specs for both and the EVGA has a boost clock of 1800MHz. The MSI has a boost clock of 1830MHz. According to MSI Afterburner I can tell you my card is running at a minimum of 1830 and a maximum of 1995MHz. It's sturdy with no sag although I have the reinforced MB slots and used the flimsy support bracket they sent with the GPU.

It runs at a max temp of 67C while gaming with a custom fan curve through Afterburner. I don't regret buying the MSI over the...

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I bought the MSI for my latest build because it was the only one I could get my hands on at the time. I had my heart set on buying an EVGA since I have heard great things about them and I like they way it looked too. The FTW3 is the only version I would have bought.

I just looked at the specs for both and the EVGA has a boost clock of 1800MHz. The MSI has a boost clock of 1830MHz. According to MSI Afterburner I can tell you my card is running at a minimum of 1830 and a maximum of 1995MHz. It's sturdy with no sag although I have the reinforced MB slots and used the flimsy support bracket they sent with the GPU.

It runs at a max temp of 67C while gaming with a custom fan curve through Afterburner. I don't regret buying the MSI over the EVGA. I'm sure a lot of people will say wait for the next generation of GPU's. Some might say to look at a 3080ti or a 3090. It depends on the rest of your setup. What CPU are you using?

I built my gaming rig with a Ryzen 5900x and I can play my games on maxed settings at 165Hz 1440p and get FPS anywhere from 80s to 160 depending on the game. FPS locked at 160 so it could potentially be higher. See if anyone else comments on the EVGA pros/cons. I don't really have any cons for the MSI except I overpaid. I bet most people are going to say you can't really go wrong either way here.

Solution

pollo5555

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
ok thank you for the info, as of right now i'm winning the evga ftw3 on ebay but i kinda wish i wasnt because i did buy an msi edge ddr5 motherboard and i think the msi card would of went great with it but i cant cancel my bid right now. i;m building my own new pc build right now and i was gonna go with the i9 12900 but decides to go with the i7 12700 it doesnt run as hot as the i9 but i appreciate your info it was great