[SOLVED] Which GPU should i get for streaming/recording?

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018
this is my pc specs:

ryzen 7 2700x
rx 570 8gb
32gb ram
hdd 1tb
hdd 500gb
ssd 250gb

i want to record videos and post it on youtube, racing videos in a high quality(1080p, 60fps) which gpu should i get? my budget is 200-350$ i'd like to not spend a lot but i want my videos to be nice

Solution
If you want to record and stream using CPU then get the best card you can for the money. Most likely on the used market and it being something like the the 5700 XT or whatever.

But if you don't want to deal with CPU and the potential for any bottlenecks, then get an NVIDIA card that it 10, 16, or 20 series since NVIDIA has a built in piece of hardware that is dedicated to encoding called NVENC.

Also used market either local with Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, FB Marketplace, and Mercari, or with sites like eBay are going to be your best bet to get a more powerful NVIDIA GPU for your money.

Most likely a 10 series card like the 1080 (not Ti, but then again, depends on where you live and all that jazz)
cant really get something that will be a noticable difference from your rx 570 for 350$.
1 thing you can do is get a used 1080 ti for around 300$ which will destroy your rx 570 in every aspect possible.Although on amazon there is xfx rx 5700xt for 400$ which is literally the same as a 1080 ti,but you have warranty and its never been used before.Your choice/

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-Thicc-20...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Your cpu is strong enough for recording tasks, but if you want to free up your cpu a bit, a nvidia gpu has nvenc which is very efficient for streaming and recording. If it's just 60fps, a gtx 1660S should be ample. You can also go up to a rtx 2060 but if your monitor is only 60hz, then it's pointless.

What is your current psu? You don't want to spend $250 on a gpu and pair it with a shoddy psu.

1 thing you can do is get a used 1080 ti for around 300$
A 1080ti is sold used for ~$500, this under "sold" listings on ebay. $300 will get a 1080 non-ti used.

Your cpu is strong enough for recording tasks, but if you want to free up your cpu a bit, a nvidia gpu has nvenc which is very efficient for streaming and recording. If it's just 60fps, a gtx 1660S should be ample. You can also go up to a rtx 2060 but if your monitor is only 60hz, then it's pointless.

What is your current psu? You don't want to spend $250 on a gpu and pair it with a shoddy psu.

A 1080ti is sold used for ~$500, this under "sold" listings on ebay. $300 will get a 1080 non-ti used.
?
In my country more expensive 1080 ti's are around 300$.Also 1080 would be a great option

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If you want to record and stream using CPU then get the best card you can for the money. Most likely on the used market and it being something like the the 5700 XT or whatever.

But if you don't want to deal with CPU and the potential for any bottlenecks, then get an NVIDIA card that it 10, 16, or 20 series since NVIDIA has a built in piece of hardware that is dedicated to encoding called NVENC.

Also used market either local with Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, FB Marketplace, and Mercari, or with sites like eBay are going to be your best bet to get a more powerful NVIDIA GPU for your money.

Most likely a 10 series card like the 1080 (not Ti, but then again, depends on where you live and all that jazz)

Solution
i was also thinking maybe i should wait a couple of months and get a new gen gpu
i want nvidia because of the nvec, my psu is evga supernova 750w 80+ platinum
Usually when new gen cards release, it's the top end that gets released first with lower end parts releasing slowly afterwards. Last time the rtx2080 released in september, followed by the 2070 in october and the 2060 in January. The gtx 1660 came out in the following March.

So, it's unlikely that a new gen gpu will fall into your budget in the next few months, but I suppose we can hope for a fire sale on current parts.