[SOLVED] Which Graphics API (DirectX or OpenGL) to select for the Superposition Benchmark?

Jan 3, 2021
What is the difference in which Graphics API (DirectX vs OpenGL) I choose to run the Superposition Benchmark?

I have a RTX 3070, and my DriectX score is consistently better than my OpenGL score when running the same preset. For instance, for 1080P Extreme preset, I have 8788 for DirectX and 7957 for OpenGL. In this case, which score should I use as an accurate representation of my Graphics performance?

Thanks

Solution
Ya, the problem is on most places, including the official leaderboard, which API is used to arrive at the score is not specified. The info posted only pertains to the graphics card and cpu used, as well as the benchmark preset. So I am not sure which API score I am comparing to most of the time
They're probably using whatever gives them the highest score, unless the leaderboard is smart enough to figure out which API was used and separates the scores by that.
Jan 3, 2021
It doesn't matter as long as you compare it to scores using the same API. But typically I've seen DirectX being used.
Ya, the problem is on most places, including the official leaderboard, which API is used to arrive at the score is not specified. The info posted only pertains to the graphics card and cpu used, as well as the benchmark preset. So I am not sure which API score I am comparing to most of the time

They're probably using whatever gives them the highest score, unless the leaderboard is smart enough to figure out which API was used and separates the scores by that.

Solution