Question Which graphics card is the Radeon HD 4830's competitor?

Sep 1, 2024
Hello. I have a Radeon HD 4830 1 GB GDDR3 video card. Which video card is the competitor of this video card? In a few places it is mentioned as "nVidia GeForce 9800GT" but I want to be sure.

Have a good day.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The two GPUs were kind of midrangy in 2008-2009 or so, so they're broadly comparable. Both are so slow by modern standards that I can't see that much utility to that knowledge. Something like a GTX 750 Ti obliterates either for $25-$30 and typically doesn't require supplementary power. The only real reason to use either is already owning them and not needing anything more.

Reactions: GalaxySal

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Those 2 cards you've mentioned above are indeed from 2008.
In terms of comparison they are shoulder to shoulder.
ATI is with 7% faster then 9800 GT but still....
As @DSzymborski said earlier, if you keep it for collection then fine.
Otherwise don't expect too many from it.

Sep 1, 2024
Hello.
Those 2 cards you've mentioned above are indeed from 2008.
In terms of comparison they are shoulder to shoulder.
ATI is with 7% faster then 9800 GT but still....
As @DSzymborski said earlier, if you keep it for collection then fine.
Otherwise don't expect too many from it.
I thank you for your reply.

Soon it will look like a full collection purpose. I will make a new setup, but not yet. I don't know when it will happen.

The two GPUs were kind of midrangy in 2008-2009 or so, so they're broadly comparable. Both are so slow by modern standards that I can't see that much utility to that knowledge. Something like a GTX 750 Ti obliterates either for $25-$30 and typically doesn't require supplementary power. The only real reason to use either is already owning them and not needing anything more.
GTX 750 Ti is an option, but I'm in Turkey, where products from abroad need to be less than 30 Euros/Dollar to pass customs. Anyway, if I look at local sites in my own country, I look at this card.

And indeed, as you say, each card is slow, not enough nowadays. I just wanted to know the exact opponent. The Radeon HD 4830 is a card I already have and I can use it until I get a new system, unless I can get a 750 Ti or something like that.

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
Well, based on your Customs regulation, you can but any newer video card that will be below 30 usd.
That will narrow a bit your option but what can we do when you customs are so strict?

Sep 1, 2024
Well, based on your Customs regulation, you can but any newer video card that will be below 30 usd.
That will narrow a bit your option but what can we do when you customs are so strict?
Yes, unfortunately they are so strict. We have to see if there is anything we can do.

TRENDING THREADS