Question Which graphics card option is better for i5 3470?

Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone. I am in a bit of a pickle of which card to upgrade to. Asus Strix Rx 570 4gb or MSI Gtx 1660 6gb Armor OC.
My current setup:
1.CPU: i5 3470
2.PSU: Cooler Master rs-460w-pcar-a3
3.Monitor: Samsung 1680 x 1050, 60GHz

As I understand - I cannot put a card of more than 165W with my PSU. So the 150W RX 570 and 130W Gtx 1660 fit the requirements. But because the monitor is not 1080 - which card is better? The difference in price is 75$.
My current card is Gtx 650 ti. With the new card I will be gaming mostly.

Thank you in advance for your answers:)

Last edited:
Gtx 1660 is like 30% better than rx 570. Both cards will perform really good with your monitor. It idepends how much you want to keep the gpu ,1660 will be more future proof and as you already mentioned draw less power. So it depends if you want to spend that extra 75$.

Jun 6, 2019
Gtx 1660 is like 30% better than rx 570. Both cards will perform really good with your monitor. It idepends how much you want to keep the gpu ,1660 will be more future proof and as you already mentioned draw less power. So it depends if you want to spend that extra 75$.
Yes, you are right. But also- my monitor has only the dvi output, while GTX 1660 only comes with hdmi and dp ports. The adapter to dvi wont cut the quality of the image, or is it better to buy a card with a native dvi output?

PSU: Cooler Master rs-460w-pcar-a3

Regardless of which GPU you plan to upgrade, kindly replace this PSU for some other high-quality unit. That's not a very high quality PSU from CM. It would be much better, at least in my opinion, that you upgrade your PSU as well.

AUGHUrE.jpg

Jun 6, 2019
Regardless of which GPU you plan to upgrade, kindly replace this PSU for some other high-quality unit. That's not a very high quality PSU from CM. It would be much better, at least in my opinion, that you upgrade your PSU as well.

AUGHUrE.jpg
What can happen to this PSU if it will not be replaced? Burn out of the system, or some minor instabilities?

What can happen to this PSU if it will not be replaced? Burn out of the system, or some minor instabilities?

No, that's not necessary that it is going to burn your PC components, but I just suggesting you grab some other high-quality PSU, If possible. The PSU may or may not cause any problem, but you never know what a low quality PSU might cause to your system, in the long run. There is always a RISK factor involved, IMHO.

Btw, the total output is only 312 Watts on the +12V rails combined....

So in the long run, buying a HIGH quality does pay off very well. Trust me. PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component.

I can't stress this enough.