[SOLVED] Which Graphics card to go for?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zachh00

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
i am thinking of upgrading my graphics card my current specs are

I5-6600k
Gtx 1060 6gb
psu 650w
cooling Corsair h100i (I could be wrong but im pretty sure it's that one)

i would like to start upgrading it as the parts are gradually getting older and older :LOL:
I was thinking about purchasing a 1080 or a 1080 ti as they are going down in price since the rtx series released im wondering which to go for with a price range of around 350-400 im not sure if this is too tight, but i've seen some around that price range.

Im asking here because i'm not sure the difference between a 1080 and 1080 ti performance wise and also which brand to go for.
(im not good with this stuff which i was im here :p)

Solution
I see, you can tell i'm not good with this kind of stuff unfortunately...:(
There are a LOT of people who make that assumption with the concept of bottlenecking. If you ever see a "bottleneck calculator" then ignore it - it will be worse than useless.

I can only ramble on for so long until i need to make a decision and just go for it i'll probably go for the 1080ti. will there be a noticable difference switching from my 1060 to 1080ti? im guessing yes, but i want to make sure 😆

Definitely - further, having done some checking, when I looked earlier, it was under £500, but now it's showing a little over £700. I would NOT pay that much for it.

If that price dips back down again, it's worth grabbing.

If not, refer back...

Zachh00

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
Yea I noticed that too, it is saying there isn't any new for sale now which is annoying.
I would love to purchase a 1080 ti but they seem to be going up in price.. I might wait and see if i can find one for cheaper, they seem to be one of the best if i can find a good price...

I saw somewhere that they have stopped production of them too which is why they are going up in price i guess.. :rolleyes: