Which gtx 970 brand is the best for cost to performance?

Sandman Beach

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
I'm thinking of buying a zotac gtx 970 graphics card because of its price however can you guys tell me some advantages of some of the other brands such as Gigabyte, Evga, Asus or MSI. My budget is around $400.

I also want a reliable and strong card that would last me a while in the future and good performance to games such as cod advance warfare, bf4, fry cry 4 and borderlands the pre sequel.

My build specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

Thanks guys.

Solution
I bought both the gigabyte version and the evga version and the evga was much better put together in my opinion.

The gigabyte 970 i bought was completely worthless because the power port was partially blocked by the frame of the card. Couldnt even plug in the power to fire it up. And the board itself was pretty flimsy. I returned that one

The evga 970 is built solid. No problems whatsoever. So I bought two and now i'm running sli. =)

hope that helps

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
There will be hardly any difference in framerates etc. The only things that are different between them is how much power they use and what temperature they will be. It is really up to you, any of them will be goof unless you want to get a particular one that produces the less noise and temperature. I personally use Gigabyte as I always have done and they are reliable and don't produce any noise.

bzboy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I bought both the gigabyte version and the evga version and the evga was much better put together in my opinion.

The gigabyte 970 i bought was completely worthless because the power port was partially blocked by the frame of the card. Couldnt even plug in the power to fire it up. And the board itself was pretty flimsy. I returned that one

The evga 970 is built solid. No problems whatsoever. So I bought two and now i'm running sli. =)

hope that helps

Solution
The EXACT model I recommend is this one:

EVGA GTX 970 SC (ACX 2.0; 1.17GHz)

It shouldn't have any coil whine like some earlier cards according to EVGA. It runs quiet and can turn off the fans. The PERFORMANCE is right up there with the best of them. You MAY get slightly better performance with some cards but may have other issues as well. After weighing all pros and cons this is currently my choice.