Which GTX 970 should i with

Solution
Hi alexbrandner,

From my personal experience I humbly advice Palit JetStream. It's silent and very efficient. I play all new games including Crysis3, FarCry4, Dragon Age Inquisition which are stressing GPU kinda hard, and this Palit is just doing all what is built to. Every game runs super smooth on my i5 3570k and 8GB RAM.
All above apply to all GTX 970 cards, but one (very important for me) thing is particular for JetStream - it's super silent.

If you are looking for silent GPU choose Palit, if noise is not your problem - choose anything else (probably Gigabyte).
Best performance - Gigabyte G1 - http://www.tomshardware.de/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-gtx-980-roundup-vergleichstest,testberichte-241658-18.html

Best all rounder - MSI Gaming - http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/14
"That brings us to the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, and of the three it's this one that stands out as the best. At £282, it's the cheapest on test and only £20 more than reference pricing. Despite this, its solid boosting credentials means it matches the EVGA for speed in most tests. The slightly lower than dual slot height of the cooler also makes it a good choice for those looking to run two GTX 970 cards in SLI. Furthermore, it has the beefiest power delivery system of all three cards, and with this we managed to overclock it to a level that actually surpassed the GTX 980 at stock speeds. Your mileage may vary, of course, but this is undeniably a fantastic result. Add in the super quiet operation and semi-passive cooling mode, and you've got yourself a truly awesome graphics card."

Piotr Sowiak

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Hi alexbrandner,

From my personal experience I humbly advice Palit JetStream. It's silent and very efficient. I play all new games including Crysis3, FarCry4, Dragon Age Inquisition which are stressing GPU kinda hard, and this Palit is just doing all what is built to. Every game runs super smooth on my i5 3570k and 8GB RAM.
All above apply to all GTX 970 cards, but one (very important for me) thing is particular for JetStream - it's super silent.

If you are looking for silent GPU choose Palit, if noise is not your problem - choose anything else (probably Gigabyte).

Solution

rd1026

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Def check out the EVGA GTX970 SSC+ and the EVGA GTX970 FTW+. I recently got the EVGA GTX970 SSC+ and I absolutely love it. Heres the link to the one I got.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487088

These 2 are the updated versions and are much better than the first revision. The card stays cool and I get absolutely NO coil wine, plus Ive heard from others that their not getting any coil wine with the SSC+ either. Plus dual bios gives you the option of having the fans run all the time or only when the card reaches a certain temp. EVGA has the best customer service and Im pretty sure the FTW+ offers the highest factory overclock you can get out of all the different companies 970's. Plus there is still a considerable amt of room to overclock even with the high factory overclock.
The SSC+ and the FTW+ are very similar and the FTW+ is basically just +25mhz higher than the SSC+. I went with the SSC+ bc I didnt think the extra $50 at the time for the FTW+ was really worth it. I got the Witcher 3 gamefor free which they are still offering the promo and currently you can get a free backplate with either card too so its def a good time to buy one.