Question which HDD should i buy?

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
hi
i have 500 gb WD green HDD

i'm short on storage and also my pc runs really slow
mb is Asus B450m-a , i have free SATA and M.2 slots

i'm looking forward to buy a 128gb ssd for windows + 2 tb hdd for other things like games

i've searched on the internet and online shops in my country and they mostly sell WD hard drives
buy i don't know which one to choose, i think Blue HDD WD is good choice but there are different blue HDDs! like WD20EZAZ and WD20EZRZ!
i don't know which one to choose , or if there is any better choice of WD HDDs ? or even another brand like Toushiba? or Even another option like for example not buying HDD and buying 1tb ssd at all?!

help please
thanks

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Don't get a 128GB SSD for your OS drive.
250GB or larger.

But yes, a single 1or 2TB SSD would be far better.
thank you so much

first of all, you've always helped me in different sections of this forum and i really appreciate your kindness, thanks man

second, can u please tell me how is it far better even that it costs like 150% of a HDD ?

USAFRet

Titan
thank you so much

first of all, you've always helped me in different sections of this forum and i really appreciate your kindness, thanks man

second, can u please tell me how is it far better even that it costs like 150% of a HDD ?
Your whole system will be MUCH snappier.
Things will open nearly instantly.

And quieter and cooler.

Hey there,

b. 2TB , 256MB , 7200 RPM - This one is best. Biggest buffer, along with faster spiining drive, which will be usefull for loading times on all apps. That said SSD's are so cheap now. Getting a 2 tb ssd will cut loading times in games for example, in just a few seconds rather than maybe a minute or so with a HDD.

Reactions: troyer1234567

TRENDING THREADS