Which is better at cooling my overclocked FX 8320

klewlis1

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I have a H70 /w 2 Swiftech Helix fans running p/p on a FX 8320 overclocked to 4.3 GHz and i am still getting alot of heat output behind my pc. I'd like to make a dent in that heat output as i live in a 10x10 bedroom and it gets pretty hot in here. I was thinking of going with a H100 or a Noctua Nh-D14. Will this make a noticeable difference. Btw i am also using a gtx 680 sc and used it overclocked sometimes. What would you gues suggest i do. I would like to sell the h70 and put the money towards a new cooler, or do i need to water cool my gpu? Any help would be nice. Thanks .Btw my idle temps of my cpu is 20-23c and my gpu idle temps are 39-40c.

Solution
If you are ok with the cost of an H100i, then consider the H110. I have one on my 8320 (4.5GHz overclock) and have the fans set to the lowest setting until the CPU hits 45 degrees. The large radiator does a good job dissipating heat (almost to the point of overkill). The Noctua D14 is a great choice for an air cooler. With that said, the GTX 680 is a heat monster so really this is where I would focus. Water cooling a GPU is cool and all, but with the influx of aftermarket air coolers for large GPUs, consider starting there.
If you are ok with the cost of an H100i, then consider the H110. I have one on my 8320 (4.5GHz overclock) and have the fans set to the lowest setting until the CPU hits 45 degrees. The large radiator does a good job dissipating heat (almost to the point of overkill). The Noctua D14 is a great choice for an air cooler. With that said, the GTX 680 is a heat monster so really this is where I would focus. Water cooling a GPU is cool and all, but with the influx of aftermarket air coolers for large GPUs, consider starting there.

Solution