[SOLVED] Which is better, incremental BIOS updates or going straight to the latest version?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Nowhere does it say on my Z390 Aorus Pro's support website or manual that I need to update to a specific version before going for the latest version. I scoured the internet for this and found nothing, just q-flash instructions that tell me to always get the latest BIOS update from my motherboard's support site.

Should I do incremental updates until I reach the latest version or go straight for the latest one?

Solution
Nowhere does it say on my Z390 Aorus Pro's support website or manual that I need to update to a specific version before going for the latest version. I scoured the internet for this and found nothing, just q-flash instructions that tell me to always get the latest BIOS update from my motherboard's support site.

Should I do incremental updates until I reach the latest version or go straight for the latest one?
Latest one, least amount of flashes possible

Latest one, least amount of flashes possible

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Firmware updates are cumulatice images, not incremental patches. Install the latest one.

Very rarely a device will have an intermediary update that must be installed before later updates can be installed. If this is the case, the download page or update tool will advise appropriately
Yes, I heard about that, but none of the version notes on GIGABYTE's website say I need to download a specific version before the latest one, and it doesn't say that anywhere in the manual, every bit of info regarding Q-Flash and my motherboard says to just get the latest version, however I wanted to make sure by posting here. Thank you.

bebotette

Reputable
Aug 21, 2017
now this adds to my confusion. I recently updated my AIO cooling solution from 1.1 to 1.5, and it looked like it bricked the device. Tech guy told me to do it incrementally and not jump to the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.