Question Which is better ssd?

AbdoRamadan

Prominent
Jul 17, 2022
I want buy SSD for my computer (AMD ryzen 5 5600g)
I want to know which is better and faster (SSD SATA or SSD M. 2) ?

AbdoRamadan

Prominent
Jul 17, 2022
Ok if We compare about some ssd which is better of them:
1- WD Blue 250GB 3D NAND SATA III 6Gb-s 2.5 Inch Inch 7mm Internal SSD.

2- Crucial P2 250GB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD.

3- Patriot P300 M.2 2280 256GB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe 1.3 Internal Solid State Drive.

4- Kingston NV1 250G M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD Up to 2100 MB s SNVS 250G.

AbdoRamadan

Prominent
Jul 17, 2022
You're comparing different types.

The WD is SATA III, the other 3 are NVMe.

Leave the Kingston out of this completely. Similar, the Patriot.

Why only 250GB?
What other drives will be in this?
Why not Samsung as well?
1-I compare in same storage and i want buy (250gb or 512gb)
I used this brands because cost.
2- i will use ssd for operating system and programs and use 1tb HDD Western Digital blue for storage.

3- Samsung very expensive in my country

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You seem to be getting criteria mixed up.

There's 2 basic types of ssd, either Sata_6G or Pcie NVMe. That is the method of data communication.

There's 2 basic form factors of ssd, either 2.5 inch or M.2. Thats the physical size and shape of the drive.

There's 2 common generations of NVMe currently in use, Gen3 and Gen4. Gen4 is faster and hotter running, but you must have a Gen4 capable motherboard slot or it will run at Gen3 speeds.

NVMe is @ 2x faster than Sata_6G, @ 10x faster than HDD. However, game files are so small, they get moved to ram faster than the cpu can deal with them, so for gaming there's basically no difference between Sata and NVMe. Boot times and loading times might be a couple seconds shorter at best.

Better is subjective. Better as in faster? You couldn't see the difference if you tried. You'd need both drives, side by side in the same pc, reading/writing the exact same load. Not going to happen. Better as in longetivity and reliability is a whole different subject. It's there that you get what you pay for. The Kingston doesn't use as high a grade silicon, uses a cheaper controller, so the price is generally a bit less than most. Samsung uses the highest grade silicon, made by Samsung (Kingston doesn't, it buys from other sources) and uses the most expensive controllers, so longetivity, performance, reliability is high, and so is the price.

Crucial P2
WD Blue
-
Patriot P300
-
-
-
Kingston NV1

I'd opt for the Crucial, I'd settle for the WD, I'd use the Patriot if it was given to me, but I'd not give the Kingston away, even to someone I didn't like.

Reactions: AbdoRamadan