Which is better

Feb 24, 2020
I am buying a new laptop soon but I can't decide.
One has rtx2060/32GB RAM/I7 9750H
Second has rtx2060/16GB RAM/I5 8300H but is 210 € cheaper and I just can't decide if it's worth it.
I'm going to use it for gaming and programming.

I am buying a new laptop soon but I can't decide.
One has rtx2060/32GB RAM/I7 9750H
Second has rtx2060/16GB RAM/I5 8300H but is 210 € cheaper and I just can't decide if it's worth it.
I'm going to use it for gaming and programming.
I have 2 things to say. Firstly gaming laptops are dumb. Secondly MacBooks are much better for coding.

However if you do intend to go down this route and buy a wall mounted jet engine of sadness go with the 9750H. A much better CPU that will do you better in coding and gaming plus will last longer with games going more multithreaded. If you can get it with 16GB of RAM for a decent price off that would bee perfect.

The first one is better, as it has a better CPU. The i7 is a 6c/12t cpu, and the 8300h is a 4c/8t. It also has twice the ram.

Men in Tights ;) Appreciate that.

Since laptops are generally unable to be upgraded, to get the most longevity out of it, you need to go with the better of the two. That would be the I7-9750H processor.

-Wolf sends
This. Just make sure to read reviews first. Far too many gaming laptops have inadequate cooling and thermal throttle under load so their peak performance is only momentary and then followed by much lower performance. If the 8300H has good cooling versus a poorly cooled 9750H the 8300H would probably perform better overall.

This. Just make sure to read reviews first. Far too many gaming laptops have inadequate cooling and thermal throttle under load so their peak performance is only momentary and then followed by much lower performance. If the 8300H has good cooling versus a poorly cooled 9750H the 8300H would probably perform better overall.
Plus intel boost clocks are misleading, they only need to boost to that for under a minute to get the rating.

Reactions: sizzling