[SOLVED] which is better

Solution
The i5-2400, based strictly on performance, but the A6-7480 is MUCH, MUCH newer, and any supporting hardware like the motherboard and memory are likely to have much more life in them.

What motherboard and memory, if any, do you have, or are you planning to have to purchase those as well, because you're going to have a fun time trying to find a motherboard for an i5-2400 that's worth spending money on unless you're willing to pay through the teeth for it to get a new one. Used, it's probably right about the age where it's ready to start showing signs of failure if it hasn't already.

And if you already HAVE a motherboard for the i5-2400 then there's not much point in looking at any AMD processor anyhow because it's not going to work...
The i5-2400, based strictly on performance, but the A6-7480 is MUCH, MUCH newer, and any supporting hardware like the motherboard and memory are likely to have much more life in them.

What motherboard and memory, if any, do you have, or are you planning to have to purchase those as well, because you're going to have a fun time trying to find a motherboard for an i5-2400 that's worth spending money on unless you're willing to pay through the teeth for it to get a new one. Used, it's probably right about the age where it's ready to start showing signs of failure if it hasn't already.

And if you already HAVE a motherboard for the i5-2400 then there's not much point in looking at any AMD processor anyhow because it's not going to work with that motherboard in the first place. And if you have a motherboard that the A6 works in, the i5-2400 won't work in that either.

Solution