which is the safest clock for overclocking FX 6300 with the standard heatsink

coconutoil

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I don't want to get a new heatsink, the cpu temp, as shown in core temp, is stable at 21 to 30. Can I safely overclock it to 4.0? I mean without a professional cooler?

Solution
that only shows you what your CPU temp is, you need a program to stress test your cpu so you can find out what your cpu temp is when its under heavy load like gaming

ItsAllNew

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
It would be risky to overclock your system to 4.0 without no after market heat sink. it also depends on how decent your motherboard is for overclocking, motherboards play a huge part in how well a cpu can overclock. give it a go and check your temps, if they are too high or it shuts your pc down you know it wont work

ItsAllNew

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Give it a go and check your CPU temp under load using a program like prime95. the CPU temp is more important than the idle temp when overclocking. you dont want to be going over 85 at any point

ItsAllNew

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
that only shows you what your CPU temp is, you need a program to stress test your cpu so you can find out what your cpu temp is when its under heavy load like gaming

Solution