Question which laptop is better for my work ?

Oct 21, 2019
Hello ! i do hope everyone is doing fine , i need some help regarding the specs of a laptop

for the moment i use a desktop setup with 6 monitors and i run 33 edge windows browsers all of them running a small flash video at the same time and on top of that i run a software on the main screen,

my question is do i need a laptop with high end cpu or a laptop with high end graphics card which is more importand to run multiple browser windows with flash video running at the same time

need to mention that the laptop need to run 4 portable monitors also.

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H 6 Core (2.6GHz/4.5GHz) CPU Quadro RTX 5000 64GB RAM cost $4000

or

8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H 6 Core (2.2GHz/4.1GHz) CPU with RTX 2080 64GB RAM cost $3300

what do you think ? will the rtx 2080 laptop be good enough annd spend the rest $700 on some pc gear

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Might explaining what the video is? I'd say you're fine with copious amounts of ram(due to the browser) and a mid range GPU for the laptop for the video playback. You're going to be fine with the 3300USD laptop, IMHO.

Your prices seem excessive for what you want to do.
Can you link to the proposed units?
Do you need a laptop for portability? Would a small desktop suffice?
How do you plan on attaching the extra monitors?
The usual laptop has only one or two aux video outputs.
For such a use, current laptop processors do not need to be unusually strong.
HD movie playback does not need very strong graphics.
To have many browsers open at the same time, you should opt for lots of ram. Perhaps 32gb.
If there was any essential component to a laptop it is a good ssd. HDD in a laptop is optimized for battery savings, not performance.

Oct 21, 2019
Your prices seem excessive for what you want to do.
Can you link to the proposed units?
Do you need a laptop for portability? Would a small desktop suffice?
How do you plan on attaching the extra monitors?
The usual laptop has only one or two aux video outputs.
For such a use, current laptop processors do not need to be unusually strong.
HD movie playback does not need very strong graphics.
To have many browsers open at the same time, you should opt for lots of ram. Perhaps 32gb.
If there was any essential component to a laptop it is a good ssd. HDD in a laptop is optimized for battery savings, not performance.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade/shop#rtx5000--oled-60hz-9thgen--1tb-mercury

that's the razer studio edition and the rtx 2080 is the advance model with 4k which is $3300

I need a laptop for portability

both laptops can connect 4 portable monitors on the thunderbolt and usb ports there is a hub that will help also with additional power for the ones on the usb ports

https://cforcedesign.com/products/cf015c-4k-ultra-slim-portable-display?variant=17953901543475

I will get 64GB ram for the browsers ,running 6 edge browsers on each portable monitor total of 24 running a flash animation and the software on the laptop monitor

I needed a laptop that look ordinary and slim , im too old for gaming looking laptops :)

Oct 21, 2019

that looks great actually never heard of this model before , and has 2 thunderbolt ports :

2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)

which is great, one less power hub for the monitors , i will have a better look when i go home

thank you very much for this

TRENDING THREADS