[SOLVED] Which long range WIFI adapter should i buy

May 19, 2020
Alright, let me get things straight. Maybe some of you may heard that I just upgraded my dad's old PC with a decent CPU to a budget gaming rig that can play games very well. I have 32gb ddr3, i7 4790 and a Sapphire RX580. It can run almost anything on med-high settings. Now that the rig is completed, one big problem hit me which completely makes gaming impossible, I need a good WIFI adapter. Now y'll might ask why my internet is bad. I am currently using an old laptop adapter which kinda stayed for almost 2 years when me and my sister shared computers. Next main problem, I live downstairs. I live in a small neighborhood and my house is not really the biggest, so I am expected to use a room downstairs. Usually, our printers, computers and other electronics are most likely to be used upstairs. I get the fact that i have to face these certain challenges. I accept the fact that I have to live downstairs, because well, this was basically the toy room I used back when I was a toddler. I fully changed it to look more grown up and much nicer. The main router is upstairs, so I was thinking of using a new, stronger bandwidth, faster, long range internet adapter. Since this website is one of my favorites when i comes to good components, which is the best budget full-sized internet adapters that can penetrate walls easily and give me a very good signal.

kanewolf

Titan
Alright, let me get things straight. Maybe some of you may heard that I just upgraded my dad's old PC with a decent CPU to a budget gaming rig that can play games very well. I have 32gb ddr3, i7 4790 and a Sapphire RX580. It can run almost anything on med-high settings. Now that the rig is completed, one big problem hit me which completely makes gaming impossible, I need a good WIFI adapter. Now y'll might ask why my internet is bad. I am currently using an old laptop adapter which kinda stayed for almost 2 years when me and my sister shared computers. Next main problem, I live downstairs. I live in a small neighborhood and my house is not really the biggest, so I am expected to use a room downstairs. Usually, our printers, computers and other electronics are most likely to be used upstairs. I get the fact that i have to face these certain challenges. I accept the fact that I have to live downstairs, because well, this was basically the toy room I used back when I was a toddler. I fully changed it to look more grown up and much nicer. The main router is upstairs, so I was thinking of using a new, stronger bandwidth, faster, long range internet adapter. Since this website is one of my favorites when i comes to good components, which is the best budget full-sized internet adapters that can penetrate walls easily and give me a very good signal.
Try powerline networking before WIFI. It is usually more reliable than WIFI.

May 19, 2020
Hmm... might try, sounds cool. I watched a video about powerline networking. I said that it will run through the already existing wires in the house and its way safer . One question though, for safety reasons, will anything bad happen like short circuit or overheating, because this was actually my first time doing powerline networking

kanewolf

Titan
Hmm... might try, sounds cool. I watched a video about powerline networking. I said that it will run through the already existing wires in the house and its way safer . One question though, for safety reasons, will anything bad happen like short circuit or overheating, because this was actually my first time doing powerline networking
For best performance, find units marked "AV2". Plug both units directly into the wall. Power strips can interfere. Theyare just as safe as plugging any other device.

May 19, 2020
The AV600 units are lower performance than the AV2 units. The AV2 are usually marked as AV1200 or AV2000. An AV600 unit will probably give you 40Mb/s performance.
I just bought a av600 recently. I thought it would work like a charm. After installing it, I realize that my house has a 3 Phase powerline so the thing wont work. I was thinking of going all out to use wireless. A error message"unidentified networks" show up every time. I manually added my own network. Filled the IP address, and others. After finished, it couldn't recognize the network. As long as I'm concerned, I think its better to buy wireless because of the lesser requirements like a 3 phase powerline. Like I said, is there any wireless networking adapters that can help me out? But whatever it is, thanks for helping kanewolf. At least I got to learn how powerline networking works.

kanewolf

Titan
I just bought a av600 recently. I thought it would work like a charm. After installing it, I realize that my house has a 3 Phase powerline so the thing wont work. I was thinking of going all out to use wireless. A error message"unidentified networks" show up every time. I manually added my own network. Filled the IP address, and others. After finished, it couldn't recognize the network. As long as I'm concerned, I think its better to buy wireless because of the lesser requirements like a 3 phase powerline. Like I said, is there any wireless networking adapters that can help me out? But whatever it is, thanks for helping kanewolf. At least I got to learn how powerline networking works.
Three phase household power doesn't exist in the US so I don't think of that possibility. It is, unfortunately, a situation where powerline networking does fail.