Which manufacturer should I choose for my graphics card?

Sven6895

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
Hi guys, I just recently put a post up for 770 vs 770 SC, but I ruled out that I would rather get just the 770 and overclock it myself.

However, I read that more modern games which I was planning on playing with this graphics card, may require around 2.5gb of video ram. I decided that I'm most likely going to get a GTX 770 with 4gb vram.

My only issue is now that I cant decide which manufacturer to get, as of now I'm looking at the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4gb, but is that good? Are there other manufacturers I should look at that are around the same amount of money?

Solution
IMO, Gigabyte=ASUS=EVGA>MSI. I would get the Gigabyte card in this case, because of their triple fan setup will allow you to have either lower temps, or a quieter card and the same temps as the ASUS or EVGA equivalent.

dudalemon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2013
Don't look at the vram. a 770 should handle all games currently at highest. what you want to look at is the base close speed. Vram is for dual screens and things like that. if you overclock the card and it goes faulty unlike cpu's the manufacturers will know if it's been overclocked as it "records" it.

As for your question, it's honestly one of those "androids or apple" questions - everyone will tell you something different.

I personally always have bought EVGA and never had a problem with it. I also hear Asus is pretty good. i would choose from either of those two if you want a card that is GTX 770 or more.

ive personally ran....

2x gtx 460 from evga -> gave to my brother -> brother sold to a co-worker still has them
2X gtx 480 from zotac -> gave to brother -> still has one, sold other to another co-worker he still has it
2x gtx 580 from msi -> running in my current rig with 24/7 overclocks gpu 990mhz memory 2360mhz
2x gtx 560ti from msi -> running in my work computer
1 gtx 670 FTW from evga

all of these card were bought brand new and overclocked to there limits and benchmarked numerous times and are still running to this day. I don't think one brand is better then another its just the luck of the draw when you get them.