Which mobo better?

TamLin

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
www.medialinked.pl
Hi,

I've been just looking at 3 mainboards for AMD build. I was considering putting there:
- AMD FX-8150
- Mushkin 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900 9-10-9-27 Redline

Rest i would just move from my current PC so doesnt really matter, since Christmas coming i'm looking to do some upgrades :)

Now which of those 3 you would consider the best choice for above mentioned CPU and RAM :

- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
- ASUS M5A99X EVO
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula

?

I'm targeting general performance for games and apps. I need at least 1 x PCI slot, at least 1 x SATA 3GB/s ( i've got my backup on SATA II ),
RJ-45 port ( optional ). I wont ever need to put 3 or 4 GPUs there but maximum 2 ( IF i ever decide to do so ).
I can see Crosshair's got better Audio on board and better overclocking features but that can be done by using software.

Can you tell me which is the best of three and what are those differences , i may missed something?

Price range up to 200 GBP

kaddams

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I would suggest instead of those three to use Asus sabertooth 990fx.
Has

1x Pci slot
2x SATA 3gb/s
1x RJ-45 Port
1x PCIe 2.0 x4
3x PCIe 2.0 x16(spaced far enuf to 2x sli or crossfire with larger cards)
Sli and Crossfire compatible.

This would be cheaper than crosshair and a bit costlier than M5A99x Evo.
I do not know about gigabyte as after getting 3 dead mobos from gigabyte and the RMA failing after 1 and 1/2 months of use i do not buy gigabyte at all now.

IMHO i would suggest u get the sabertooth as it has what crosshair have to offer without a few bells and whistles and the price tag. Very good mobo, have one and LOVE it.

Just one thing If u buy either sabertooth and crosshair be wary of their utilities as they would either fail to install or if they do will conflict with other applications.

TamLin

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
www.medialinked.pl
I'm pretty convinced to that sabertooth now, it has most what I want.

But installing utilities... Why is that they fail or having issues?
is it likely to happen even tho its a new board with all oryginal soft?

kaddams

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

Its not really mobo or ur OS's fault but rather a conflict with other third party applications. For example BF3 would keep crashing at launch on my system but when i removed some of my graphic card utilites it worked perfectly. And on the other hand i tried to install Ai Suite II for my mobo but wont install thanks to origin. Removed origin Ai suite installed perfect added origin ai suite wont start.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. Hope this helps.