Which monitor to choose from these

Regarding web and graphic design... Is this for professional use where color accuracy is extremely important or simple learning use?

If the primary use is professional related, then my answer is none of them because none of them will not provide you with a high degree of color accuracy.

Adroid

Distinguished
Ok so I'm a new dell fanboy and I'm going to stop spamming the forums with my strong opinion after this post. I'm a completely unloyal customer because I like to have my cake and eat it too..

After buying and returning a Asus VW266H, Samsung PX2370, and Samsung 2770H, I recommend the Dell 2311H which I have and am very happy with it.

Dell U2311H is a 23" e-IPS panel. IPS has a better picture and color reproduction than any TN panel you can buy. Thats pretty much a widely accepted statement, although TN is known to be a bit faster.

If you will take a overall better picture for a slightly slower response speed - go with the IPS. I play starcraft 2, and some FPS games (mostly bad company 2) and both are completely acceptable for me. I don't notice any lag at all really, definitely not enough to bother me.

There are reviews all over the internet, but TFT Central is my personal favorite site that has professional comparison of many leading monitor panels. First and foremost do yourself a favor and research a little bit of the difference between panel types... Color accuracy and reproduction or speed? 8bit or 6bit? Now that IPS can be had for under 300$ US Price is not as much of an issue..

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
You might be interested in the BenQ VW2420H. It is available in Japan and comming Europe.

It is LED backlit which is nothing really, but it is a cPVA panel from Samsung. Sports a 3000:1 contrast ratio and great viewing angles as well. It might not have as good viewing angles as a IPS panel but it certainly has better black level and should be around the same in terms of color compared to the e-IPS Dells.

The following is not the original review that I've read but it's better than nothing at the moment...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-sm-f2080-f2380.html

Conclusion
The SyncMaster F2080 and SyncMaster F2380 have the following highs:

Excellent contrast ratio
Good viewing angles
Superb ergonomics
Two DVI inputs
Neat exterior design

And the following lows:

High response time
Loss of darkest details in shadows
Gamma and tonality shift when viewed from a side.

Recommended usage:

Design drawings, CAD/CAM applications
Simple processing of photographs
Movies and games that don’t require a fast matrix
Text-based applications and spreadsheets

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I was wrong. The BenQ VW2420H does not have a cPVA panel from Samsung. Although Samsung does make a 3000:1 contrast cPVA panel.

The panel the BenQ actually has is from AUO. Its only listed as some type of VA. AUO doesn't make PVA panels so the best guess is that its one of their A-MVA panels.

I still remember my BenQ MVA panel from so long ago. My sister is using it and was asking should she replace it with some newer cheap TN panel. It was pretty lol because a MVA from 5-6 years ago will still outclass a new TN in everything from contrast, color, and viewing angle. Shows how mature LCD technology really is.

Adroid

Distinguished
Yea I saw a good review and was also unimpressed. It helped me make the decision to go for a e-IPS instead of wait for something better.

I'm pretty sure my next panel will be either LED-IPS or OLED (if they can get the manufacturing prices down... WAY down.