[SOLVED] Which motherboard for i7 10700k

Jun 2, 2021
Hi guys, Im finally upgrading my old i7 3770 build. It looks like the i7 10700k is going to be the CPU, but I am a bit lost on motherboards. I wont be overclocking the CPU, but I want to o/c the ram to either 3200 or 3600. From what I can tell, my options are Z490, B560 or Z590.

I will mainly be doing editing 4k video from my Gopro and some from my phone. I also play some video games (Battlefield 1 & 5). I have an nVidia GTX 1060 w/6gb ram if that matters, and will likely be running 16gb or possibly 32gb of ram.

Can you suggest the best "bang for the buck" motherboard for this cpu price/features/performance/reliability?
Id like to stay under $150 mark if possible but may be able to go up for the right board.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2021
I'm building an i9-10900f and using a B560 chipset on an Asus board. I was looking for something with plenty of I/O in the way of USB ports, good VRMs, and no LED bling. It is 10th/11th gen compatible, supports XMP, and has an attached backplate. I just mounted the CPU, big-ass cooler, SK hynix NVM and Crucial memory but I'm waiting for my Dell Outlet special in order to scavenge the RTX-3070. I have no plans to overclock other than the XMP memory, and removing the thermal limits so the Z chipset had no attraction for me.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
As to the OP, get a good Z590. Get one with good VRM and features. One, you will want good power delivery. Second, even if it has PCI gen 4 support you don't use now, should you decide later to upgrade to 11th gen you aren't limited by the mobo choice.

The issue in this advice would be your budget....