Question Which motherboard has the best "auto-tune" feature for overclocking?

Dec 10, 2019
Which motherboard has the best "auto-tune" feature for overclocking?

I bought an i9-9900KS chip and an MSI motherboard (the Z390 "Godlike") but the overclocking procedure was a bit un-intuitive. Gradually brining up the VCORE to 1.300 allowed me to run the multiplier up to 52 yielding a 5.2 GHz overclock.

Some older motherboards I used had an awesome "autotune" feature where they would reboot many times, over and over, adjusting vcore and the overclock settings until it figured what the max your cooling solution could handle.

Are there any highly recommended motherboards with this "autotune" feature for the i9-9900KS?

Which motherboard has the best "auto-tune" feature for overclocking?

I bought an i9-9900KS chip and an MSI motherboard (the Z390 "Godlike") but the overclocking procedure was a bit un-intuitive. Gradually brining up the VCORE to 1.300 allowed me to run the multiplier up to 52 yielding a 5.2 GHz overclock.

Some older motherboards I used had an awesome "autotune" feature where they would reboot many times, over and over, adjusting vcore and the overclock settings until it figured what the max your cooling solution could handle.

Are there any highly recommended motherboards with this "autotune" feature for the i9-9900KS?
1.3v at 5.2 is pretty darn good. I wouldn’t use any auto tune overclock on any board. They all push a higher than needed VCore to achieve a guaranteed frequency.

Dec 10, 2019
1.3v at 5.2 is pretty darn good. I wouldn’t use any auto tune overclock on any board. They all push a higher than needed VCore to achieve a guaranteed frequency.

Yeah I understand that about the higher VCore, but I have a KILLER heat removal system that I built myself.

The "problem" is, my system is running at like 74 C right now at 5.2 GHz x all 8 cores so I know I can put the clock speed much higher.

But I am not interested in trying to adjust the VCore and having it crash while I "guess" what the correct setting is.

See why I am asking this question?

The Autotuner will do it for me, and I am letting my cooling solution "take over" and deal with the heat load for me.

I trust it. But I don't want to mess up my chip/motherboard with manual testing.

That's why I'd like to know which motherboard has the best auto-tuning features for the i9-9900KS.

I’m cur
Yeah I understand that about the higher VCore, but I have a KILLER heat removal system that I built myself.

The "problem" is, my system is running at like 74 C right now at 5.2 GHz x all 8 cores so I know I can put the clock speed much higher.

But I am not interested in trying to adjust the VCore and having it crash while I "guess" what the correct setting is.

See why I am asking this question?

The Autotuner will do it for me, and I am letting my cooling solution "take over" and deal with the heat load for me.

I trust it. But I don't want to mess up my chip/motherboard with manual testing.

That's why I'd like to know which motherboard has the best auto-tuning features for the i9-9900KS.
I’m curious about this killer heat removal system.

Reactions: boju and USAFRet
Dec 10, 2019
I wouldn’t see why it would be.

Well I did a post about it on "another site" after they asked me about it, repeatedly, then, for no apparent reason, they "locked the thread." So I kind of felt like it was a setup and they knew I would get in trouble. So then I made a slightly sarcastic video, so do not take offense to these remarks. They were intended for the previous audience that goaded me into it.

To Tom's Hardware Mods: I did not intend this to be advertising at all, so please delete the post if it is against your policy.

I made this build log, and the last post of the log is a video to the unit in operation. I am now building an i9-9900KS version of it. Same cooling solution.

http://overclockinglabs.freeforums.net/thread/3/5-4-ghz-lab-copperblockhead