which motherboard is best ?

Solution
2 different form factors, an ATX (the MSI) vs the micro GB -while both actually can run 1600 DRAM (that's based on the chipset, either can run lower, not that anyone would want to), the MSI will have a few extras just from the form factor, both have a PCI-E 3 slot (x16), both have a PCI-E 2 slot (x4) the GB has better user ratings at the Egg, but big difference is the form factor, will your case take either? What CPU are you planning to run

DaronMal

Distinguished

MSI can support 1066 memory, Gigabyte can't.
MSI has more PCI-E slots.
MSI has more audio channels.
MSI has PS/2 ports, Gigabyte doesn't.
Gigabyte has 6 audio ports, MSI only has 3.
MSI is an ATX form factor, Gigabyte is a Micro ATX

I'd say the MSI is better.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
2 different form factors, an ATX (the MSI) vs the micro GB -while both actually can run 1600 DRAM (that's based on the chipset, either can run lower, not that anyone would want to), the MSI will have a few extras just from the form factor, both have a PCI-E 3 slot (x16), both have a PCI-E 2 slot (x4) the GB has better user ratings at the Egg, but big difference is the form factor, will your case take either? What CPU are you planning to run

Solution

kiran12

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Case is Deepcool tesseract
planning to get i5 4440 processor

In terms of quality and durabilty, which one is better?

DaronMal

Distinguished

I dont like the Deepcool case, they're not a very popular brand, one of the "flashy but poorly made" case companies. Gigabyte and MSI are both great motherboard manufacturers, but it depends on what you want, I would recommend an ATX form factor board (The MSI) since your PC can fit it.

kiran12

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Ty. I go with the Gigabyte then.