[SOLVED] Which motherboard should i choose?

NaufalR9708

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
Hi, im planning to build a rig with these specs :

ryzen 3 3300x
zotac gtx 1650 super
geil evo potenza 2x4 gb ddr4 ram 2666mhz
be quite! u9 500w
1x ssd 120gb
1x hdd 1tb

I cannot decide between two motherboards.
Asrock b450 pro4 (ram up to 3200mhz) and MSI b450M gaming plus (ram up to 3466mhz).
and im planning to run my cpu out of the box.
What are you suggestions?

Solution
First I would recommend 3200mhz RAM minimum with 3600mhz offering the best price to performance. 2666 is slow for Ryzen. Both should be faily close in price to the 2666 stuff.

As far as which board I would get the MSI. Its going to be better quality. As far as running your CPU out of the box that depends if the BIOS has been update for Ryuzen 3000, most likely it will be but there's still a chance it wont. The only MSI B450 boards with a guaranteed BIOS update are the ones with MAX in their name. The same possibility exsist for the ASRock as well, as I said its most likely updated (unless you are getting really old stock) and if it isnt you can always send away for the loaner CPU from AMD...
First I would recommend 3200mhz RAM minimum with 3600mhz offering the best price to performance. 2666 is slow for Ryzen. Both should be faily close in price to the 2666 stuff.

As far as which board I would get the MSI. Its going to be better quality. As far as running your CPU out of the box that depends if the BIOS has been update for Ryuzen 3000, most likely it will be but there's still a chance it wont. The only MSI B450 boards with a guaranteed BIOS update are the ones with MAX in their name. The same possibility exsist for the ASRock as well, as I said its most likely updated (unless you are getting really old stock) and if it isnt you can always send away for the loaner CPU from AMD. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Solution