[SOLVED] Which motherboard should I get for i9-10900KF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

I have a list of motherboard and it only contains the motherboards that I can afford, means it would be really great if you could choose one of them. I hope one of them will be enough for 10900K/KF. I use external audio interface so I will not use the motherboard's audio stuff. It's quality is not important for me. I have 2-3 SATAs and a Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe SSD.

Here is the list: https://www.akakce.com/anakart,2,2.html/155430

Solution
I feel like I won't be able to afford them anyway, so still thinking about 5800X or 10900K/KF.
They are expected to be in the same price range as the previous generation of motherboards.
Take a look at what Newegg has to offer.
Here are the Z590 motherboards, and here are the Z490 motherboards.
Here are the B560 motherboards, and here are the B460 motherboards.
Here are the H570 motherboards, and here are the H410 motherboards.
As you can see only a slight price increase here and there, which is expected with a new generation ofcourse.
For the CPU i would wait for the Rocket Lake launch, partually because of what they can offer and they might push the price of the 10th gen back a bit.
I feel like I won't be able to afford them anyway, so still thinking about 5800X or 10900K/KF.
They are expected to be in the same price range as the previous generation of motherboards.
Take a look at what Newegg has to offer.
Here are the Z590 motherboards, and here are the Z490 motherboards.
Here are the B560 motherboards, and here are the B460 motherboards.
Here are the H570 motherboards, and here are the H410 motherboards.
As you can see only a slight price increase here and there, which is expected with a new generation ofcourse.
For the CPU i would wait for the Rocket Lake launch, partually because of what they can offer and they might push the price of the 10th gen back a bit.

Solution
Do you now own a i9-10900KF?
What is the main use for this pc?

I think there are better options.

For example, a I9-10850K/F will be cheaper and perform almost identically.

The main problem with a cheap motherboard for a i9-10900KF is that such motherboards will not have Voltage capabilities that will allow the chip to perform to it's capability.
That will come with Z490 based motherboards, and not the cheap ones either.

Rocket lake launches 3/15.
With the improved IPC, you may find that even the i5-11600K is a good alternative.

Reactions: Dj0gany