Which new bulldozer will you most likley buy???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Well it seems like were getting pretty close to this damn chip coming out finally :eek: ......i just wanted to get a feel for which version people want to buy...

i myself am pretty sure that ill opt for the 4170 quad core...... as i dont really see myself needing 8 cores.......i only game and use for multimedia purposes and the 4200mhz stock............thats nice.......the only part that concerns me is the turbo is only 4300mhz......

anyway.....im only interested in hearing from those who are actually considering this purchase........im not looking to start a flame war........just which one you want and why........

thanx
bTx

loneninja

Distinguished
Doubt I'm getting bulldozer, more important things to spend my money on right now since I did build a gaming rig around the X4 965BE and a new workstation with the X6 1090T earlier this year. Still got my old X4 940BE, X4 9850BE, and X4 640 used on a regular basis too. I simply have no use for another computer, and even the old Phenom 9850 is powerful enough for 95% of my tasks.

cmcghee358

Distinguished

NEWSFLASH In 2-3 years current generation computer hardware will no longer be best performers. World markets are shaken by this news and Blue Chip stocks are down 10%

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
hmmmmm......i was really hoping for the 4170 to be there on release....

maybe ill just get the 8150,,, identify its best 4 cores,,, disable the others,,, and clock the $h!t atta'v it......make my own FX4190 !!!!!!!

sebastien

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I am not an Oc'er per se. I was hoping a bit more than what is on BD FX Reviews which could have been a deal maker for an entry level workstation but unfortunately I will have to go with Xeon SBe if opteron BD appear disappointing in real performance. I do not want, use, or need VT that is my problem with server CPU. Some SBe I5 xeon seem to respond well to my need but I wait to see what is going with Opteron BD, I really, really, really hope AMD does not only focus on VT industry or clearly under perform with their 4000 series.

c_h1132

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011

how much is cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.