Which nvidia geforce rtx 2080 ti are best for a multiple graphic cards workstation

Oct 24, 2018
I've a motherboard with 8 pci slots and I'd like add 4 new nvidia geforce rtx 2080 ti graphic cards.

Nvidia comes with two versions of reference cards:

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition

The first card has the known cooling ventilation like the predecessor GeForce cards have. The second card "Founders Edition" has a new design.

I am wondering which cooling system is better for a multiple graphic cards workstation?

Ramlethal

Estimable
I like to use FE version on Multiple Graphic cards PCs since they tend to be relatively more suitable space wise.
I wouldnt Recommend to purchase any FE version card if they are gonna be used Stand Alone since any other Manufacturer's cards are way better since they add a piece of their own signature to their cards and every single manufacturer mostly just brings more Pros than Cons than the stock version of the card.
But as i said before, FE is the most suitable IF you are planning to run multiple cards in the same PC.

Oct 24, 2018

Hi Ramlethal,
Thanks for your answer :)
Nvidia has now two different stock versions with different cooling designs. Which one would you pick?

With 4 such cards, you will indeed have a cooling issue.

I see an announcement that EVGA has some new versions of the RTX2080ti.

One possibility is to liquid cool all 4 cards.
You will likely need some sort of a custom loop to do this as well as a case large enough for a couple of good sized radiators.

Another less expensive option might be to use a blower style cooler that sends the heated air directly out the back of the case.
If your app simply needs CUDA cores and not so much high clock rates, that will be a good option.

Here is the link:
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63064/evga-unveils-new-water-cooled-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards/index.html