Question Which of these Armory Crate installs can I get rid of?

Varg7

Prominent
Dec 4, 2022
Just did a fresh Windows reinstall. The only reason I use this software at all is just to change the colour of my fans at the front of the PC. I do it once, then I close it and never touch it again. But in order for me to use the RGB Aura Sync/Aura Effects, I have to install the whole Armory Crate package. Which of these (related to ASUS) could I safety remove now and still keep the fan colours?

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
You can just install the standalone Aura Sync, without the Armoury Crate which they bundle with.

Download it through this direct link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Lighting_Control_1.07.84_v2.zip (i added a direct link, because this link was hidden at the bottom of the website [since its discontinued], and would be hard to find for some)

Extract it, and install it. (Uninstall the Armoury Crate beforehand)

This standalone version doesn't get the latest updates (but should work just fine), and they are promoting Armoury Crate instead.

Last edited:

Varg7

Prominent
Dec 4, 2022
You can just install the standalone Aura Sync, without the Armoury Crate which they bundle with.

Download it through this direct link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Lighting_Control_1.07.84_v2.zip (i added a direct link, because this link was hidden at the bottom of the website [since its discontinued], and would be hard to find for some)

Extract it, and install it. (Uninstall the Armoury Crate beforehand)

This standalone version doesn't get the latest updates (but should work just fine), and they are promoting Armoury Crate instead.
This looks great, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Only thing is when I install it and load it up, I'm met with the following:

Do you know if there is a way around this or are they basically forcing us to install the whole package now?

Untitled.jpg