Which of these builds is the better.

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
so I've inquired around stores for a gaming desktop pc and here's the specs they gave.

1st build:
FX 8350
MSI 880 GMS-E41 FX
4gb Kingston HyperX 1600
500GBHDD
Sapphire R7 260X 2gb

2nd build:
i5 4440
Asus H81m-a
4gb Kingston
500GBHDD
2gb HD6xxx(i forgot the other 3 numbers)

3rd:
i5 4440
Gigabyte 1181M
4gb kingston
gtx 650 1gb

so which is the best of all there?are they enough to play games on med-high?are they future proof for atleast 5years?

should i change some parts too so it'll be better?

Solution
agreed. neither of those two is really all that great.

those use an amd 760g motherboard (which has weak onboard graphics if i remember). you could use a dedicated card with them however it should be relatively easy to find a 970 chipset board for just a little bit more which will be tons better.

you really should be looking at 8gb of ram if at all possible. i suppose you might be able to get by with 4 temporarily but it would be worthwhile to have 8. you also should have 1600mhz speed (not 1333) if at all possible.

if the computer case comes with the psu its likely junk. a bad psu can kill your entire system which is why we suggest something half decent. the wattage isnt bad however you also cant believe the wattage on cheap units...

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

well my budget is around 30,000php(if converted to dollar its around $600-$700) and all i want is to play latest games and beyond for like 5 years and somewhat be on par with ps4 and xbox one. or atleast play games in med-high settings.

for best performance for a low price...

fx6300 or fx8320 (fx8320 can be oc to 8350 settings and is cheaper)
970 chipset motherboard at minimum
8gb 2x4gb 1600mhz ram at minimum
500w psu from decent manufacturer
any hard drive
preferably at least a r9-270x or gtx660 graphics card or at minimum something like a 7870ghz or 650ti.

the simple truth is that you will not be able to play all of the newest games at med-high levels for 5 years. games like bf4 at med-high are very demanding and will be beyond your capabilities likely. a 280x would handle decent settings for now but not for a full 5 years. your run of the mill common games however should run fine on med-high to high since they are not as demanding.

@faizaan

if you note he stated his budget was in php (phillippine peso) so those prices you listed are likely not all that accurate and other brands/components may need to be substituted.

@op
please list some online retailers of choice which ship to you.

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

would that be enough to say,play bf4 at atleast mid settings?and is that future proof for atleast 5years?and btw here's where im planning to buy my items http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=pcnetmiles

and can you pick me parts from that link the lowest price possible that can be used up to 5years.btw dude thanks for your answers.

a gtx 760 is enough for medium or high at 1080p
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/27/battlefield-4-performance-analysis/3

however do realize the usa tends to have low prices. you may not be able to buy all of those components for the same prices that we can.

could you use the pc for 5 years? sure. will you be able to max out every game? likely not although all games should be playable at least. during this time perhaps bf5 or crysis4 or some other gaming rig killer will come along and force you to play on low settings however it should at least be playable at the kind of graphics levels you are used to seeing right now.

its been noted that even the 8320 can lag in multiplayer a bit on bf4. not badly but i'm just listing this. if you had a 970 chipset motherboard and an aftermarket cooler you could overclock just a bit.

35-43fps on bf4 @ultra @1080p isnt what i would call no FPS issues. that is on the verge of being unplayable. of course if you dropped anti-aliasing way down then your fps would shoot up and then yes i would say it is playable on ultra (though running on high would likely give you a solid fps without any dropouts)

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
thanks for the answer.muchly appreciated :).but I have a last question. saw this bundle and i thought I might just change some parts of it and change the gpu to a dedicated one as it may drop the price a bit.(here in our country a bundle is a bit much cheap than getting it parts by parts)

this one
AMD Vishera FX-8320 3.5Ghz Processor
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 MotherBoard
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333
Casing w/ 600 watts PSU
Hardisk 500GB HDD Sata3

and
AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P34 (FX)<click here for link>
Video onboard ATI HD 3000
Memory 2GB DDR3 1333
Hardisk 500GB Toshiba/Hitachi SATA III 7200RPM
Casing Black Mid ATX P600W

I really have no idea about motherboards

agreed. neither of those two is really all that great.

those use an amd 760g motherboard (which has weak onboard graphics if i remember). you could use a dedicated card with them however it should be relatively easy to find a 970 chipset board for just a little bit more which will be tons better.

you really should be looking at 8gb of ram if at all possible. i suppose you might be able to get by with 4 temporarily but it would be worthwhile to have 8. you also should have 1600mhz speed (not 1333) if at all possible.

if the computer case comes with the psu its likely junk. a bad psu can kill your entire system which is why we suggest something half decent. the wattage isnt bad however you also cant believe the wattage on cheap units (for instance a 600w could only actually give 300w in extreme cases). specs on cheap units tend to lie or just be wholly inaccurate as well as the unit itself being rather unreliable.

what brand of hdd? you want western digital, samsung or seagate if at all possible.

Solution