[SOLVED] Which of these laptops looks better?

Feb 9, 2021
Hello, I have a Dell laptop as shown below, and I'm finding the CPU has a hard time running even more than one moderately intensive program at once, so I'm wanting to upgrade. I've been suggested a couple of builds, which do you think looks better?

Dell Latitude E7250
VIDEO: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (1366x768x32b)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 8G
HDD: 250GB SSD

I only use this for writing and browsing, mostly. Some Photoshop and Audition. So what's important to me is a fast SSD, enough RAM and CPU to be able to work comfortably, but nothing outrageous.

These are the ones being recommended:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114903

Thanks!

Solution
Hello,
There are two links there, yes. One seems to have been given a thumbnail but the other remained as a URL. Do you think one is preferable to the other?

Thanks!
Ah I see.
Both seem like competent laptops, though I would probably take the ASUS.
Aside from being a better general laptop, it has more storage and has more cores on the cpu.
The gpu is about the same, maybe a little better on the acer.
Same ram and size..
Feb 9, 2021
You only sent 1 laptop, but that is a MUCH better laptop than your old dell.

It would be a very big upgrade and will be very good for most stuff.
Hello,
There are two links there, yes. One seems to have been given a thumbnail but the other remained as a URL. Do you think one is preferable to the other?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!
Ah I see.
Aside from being a better general laptop, it has more storage and has more cores on the cpu.
Same ram and size..

Reactions: PistolSlap
Solution
Feb 9, 2021
Ah I see.
Same ram and size..
Thanks! Just curious, why is it the better general laptop?

Also, I found that my Dell had a lot of trouble with overheating, sometimes the CPU fan was roaring away but it didn't do any good and the computer shut itself down until I actually had to put a couple of freezer packs underneath the computer. Is that something that is ordinary for laptops, or are certain brands better than others for that?

Thanks! Just curious, why is it the better general laptop?

Also, I found that my Dell had a lot of trouble with overheating, sometimes the CPU fan was roaring away but it didn't do any good and the computer shut itself down until I actually had to put a couple of freezer packs underneath the computer. Is that something that is ordinary for laptops, or are certain brands better than others for that?
That probably is just the fans being clogged up with dust and working much less efficiently making the laptop that probably has a bad cooling system even worse.
That shouldn't happen.

As for why the asus is the better laptop, it's just that Vivobook is a higher "tier" in laptops than the Aspire.
It (probably.) a slightly better keyboard, maybe a brighter screen, larger mousepad ect.
It won't be major since Vivobook isn't the highest tier either, but I think it's slightly higher than the Aspire.