Question Which of these two laptops should I choose for a backup computer?

Aug 3, 2024
My main laptop is an HP OMEN 16 with an Intel i7-11800H, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060. But I'm looking for a backup laptop in case something happens to my OMEN 16. Based on the best deals I've found in my country, I've narrowed my choices down to two laptops: an HP Zbook Fury G8 and an MSI WF75 10TK.

I tried a subreddit for advice but got virtually no feedback. The Fury G8 has an Intel i7-11850H (8 cores, 16 threads), 32GB DDR5 (5200Mhz), 512GB SSD, and an NVIDIA T1200 (4GB). Meanwhile, the WF75 10TK has an Intel i7-10750H (6 cores, 12 threads), 32GB DDR4 (2666Mhz), 2TB SSD, and an NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 (6GB VRAM).

Which of the two should I go for? The Zbook has a faster processor and faster RAM, but the WF75 has more storage and a more powerful GPU. Given their specs, as well as build quality, and other features like the keyboard, audio quality, etc., which would you recommend as a backup?

A backup system is one that won't be used unless the main system goes down, and most people wouldn't really have one... unless they had no quick access to a replacement in the global marketplace (that is, their actual backup would be an older, inferior system only used to order the replacement online). Both do seem like well-built, quality laptops.

The first one is close to your main system but with a serious downgrade to GTX 1650 level graphics, while the other has a much faster RTX 4070 level GPU and 4x larger SSD than your main system, but is otherwise a bit slower (mostly just from the fewer cores, since performance of all 14nm cores was about the same all the way back to 6th gen Skylake, and really only jumped markedly with 12th gen). So I guess it depends on how important that GPU performance is to you. It's a much bigger difference than the CPUs.

Aug 3, 2024
A backup system is one that won't be used unless the main system goes down, and most people wouldn't really have one... unless they had no quick access to a replacement in the global marketplace (that is, their actual backup would be an older, inferior system only used to order the replacement online). Both do seem like well-built, quality laptops.

The first one is close to your main system but with a serious downgrade to GTX 1650 level graphics, while the other has a much faster RTX 4070 level GPU and 4x larger SSD than your main system, but is otherwise a bit slower (mostly just from the fewer cores, since performance of all 14nm cores was about the same all the way back to 6th gen Skylake, and really only jumped markedly with 12th gen). So I guess it depends on how important that GPU performance is to you. It's a much bigger difference than the CPUs.
Thanks for the feedback! The gap between the GPUs is larger than I thought, so that may be enough for me to go for the MSI over the Zbook.